Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109484  by DMac

Go to capegazette.com if you'd like to participate in an online poll on the subject of carry policy in state parks.
 #109488  by myopicvisionary

I voted but I am disappointed in the question. Should have read something more like "Should law abiding citizens be allowed to lawfully carry handguns for personal defense in state parks?"
 #109489  by DMac

I agree with that completely Myopic. The poll was very poorly constructed.
 #109498  by Kuntryboy816

Voted as well and I agree on the piss poor wording.

Poll currently stands at:

Yes- 37% (126)

No- 60% (206)

Not Sure- 3% (12)
 #109501  by GatorDude

I didn't realize just how bad the poll question was until I got there. Geez.

Next poll question: "Should State Parks be crime free?"
 #109503  by josephjanes

I submitted the following 'Letter to the Editor' to ' newsroom@capegazette.com ' :
Letter to the Editor:

Your 'Poll' titled "should state parks be gun-free" was overly simplistic. It is as useless and nonsensical a question as "Should state parks be crime-free?" !! A better phrasing of the question would be 'Should a law-abiding citizen have the same ability to defend themselves in a state park as in the rest of the state? Yes____ No____' .
There are more than 15,000 law abiding citizens of Delaware who have gone through the rigorous process of obtaining a Concealed Deadly Weapon License from the state, including thorough background check, fingerprinting, 2-day mandatory class (includes all aspects of safety, law, use of deadly force and how to avoid using it, as well as proving proficiency with a firearm, and many other requirements) . Typical cost for a CDW license is in the $500 ballpark, so these licenses are not sought, or handed out by the state, lightly. So the question becomes : "Do I check my safety, and the safety of my family, at the door when I enter a state park? Does anyone really believe a sign at the park entrance "No Guns Allowed" will be heeded by a criminal, or someone intent on doing harm to others in a "Gun-Free Zone" ?? Thank You !!
Joseph Janes
Newark and Dewey Beach, DE 302-737-2720
 #109506  by CorBon

Despite the wording, the "pro" side is still slightly edging out the dolts.
 #109509  by Boots

"Gun-Free" zones are the favorite places for bad guys to do their killing! :roll:
 #109511  by NCC

Boots wrote:"Gun-Free" zones are the favorite places for bad guys to do their killing! :roll:
Hence the two 15 year olds targeting the Brandywine Cinema 2 weeks ago. Imagine their surprise had one of us been in that chair.