Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109430  by airman1968

So I was not going to post the time of my De ccw application or do an update on how long it has been. Then after thinking about it seems to me it at least gives individuals an idea of the different time frames for the process. With that said I am now a little over 9 weeks since filing in Sussex County. I will update in the future.
 #109454  by josephjanes

I know 2 people in NCC who got licenses 2-3 weeks ago, both took approx. 5 months !!
(License #'s 76xx, and 75xx).
 #109455  by GatorDude

How much of that do you think is the AG's Office taking forever? I'm betting the vast majority.

Remember, one judge has said that he knows the AG's Office is taking longer than statutorily permitted to review and opine on applications. However, that same judge said that no one has done anything about it and therefore there is nothing for him to do about it. As I think everyone probably knows, if the AG's Office does not complete their investigation and register an objection within the time period, the application should be deemed unopposed by the AG's Office and immediately considered by the Court for approval.

Will someone press the issue? If they did, would the AG's Office seek a statutorily longer period? Would that be granted? Would that longer period be nearly as long as they take now?
 #109461  by coolwrld

I'm in NCC. Submitted the paperwork in person in Wilmington on November 2nd and received the permit yesterday January 21st. That works out to about 11.5 weeks. I had anticipated not knowing anything until at least around March - April. So of course when I saw the letter from the Prothonotary in the mail yesterday I was both excited and nervous. I actually thought with it being that quick that it might be a denial so before even opening it I felt the envelope and low and behold I could feel the card. So when I actually opened it I was all like

:pbjtime:
 #109462  by NCC

CONGRATS Man!!!
 #109476  by airman1968

coolwrld wrote:I'm in NCC. Submitted the paperwork in person in Wilmington on November 2nd and received the permit yesterday January 21st. That works out to about 11.5 weeks. I had anticipated not knowing anything until at least around March - April. So of course when I saw the letter from the Prothonotary in the mail yesterday I was both excited and nervous. I actually thought with it being that quick that it might be a denial so before even opening it I felt the envelope and low and behold I could feel the card. So when I actually opened it I was all like

:pbjtime:
Nice surprise.....congratulations
 #109644  by airman1968

So in the mail today is my CCDW from Delaware. 14 weeks and 1 day, not to bad I guess. Some waits are longer some shorter, but at least it's here...
 #109655  by Fishhunter911

Congrats!!!