Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #110014  by Maintenance Guy

They are having the first Delmarva Outdoor Expo at the Harrington Fair grounds from 4/28/17 to 4/30/17. They are asking that we don't open carry. I know this will cause a lot of conversation. You can check it out at delmarvaoutdoorexpo.com.
 #110030  by Maintenance Guy

I say this with the utmost respect to you Amy and all the rest of the members. I know you have a lot of influence on the group and I respect that however I think that this expo is seeking the same things we are. They are a group of vendors and demonstrators that love the outdoors and the 2A. Just because the management of the Harrington Fair Grounds are narrow minded shouldn't deter us from supporting those that may support us and our cause as individuals and members. Just my opinion.
 #110032  by Amy Blackthorn

I didn't say there was anything wrong with supporting them. [emoji56]

It's unfortunate for the members who don't have the luxury of concealed carry to miss out. Some members can't afford the $500-ish dollars to apply. Some like founding member Dave can't get a CCDW.

I'm disappointed that the organization seems to feel that OC is a political statement of some kind and had to release a policy of not allowing OC.

Had they not, I would have checked it out while concealed carrying and it would have been a non-issue.

I adore all the members here and hold no opinion, negative or otherwise about anyone else's choices in the matter. I respect their ability to make that choice for themselves and continue to do so.

Let us know how it goes and perhaps I'll reexamine my feelings and the situation next year.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #110034  by Owen

There are just so many options today that I rarely go anywhere I can't OC.

I do like to support local businesses. If we can get a list we could just go to them directly.

While open carrying of course.
 #110037  by Amy Blackthorn

Owen wrote:There are just so many options today that I rarely go anywhere I can't OC.

I do like to support local businesses. If we can get a list we could just go to them directly.

While open carrying of course.
Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk