Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109847  by Kuntryboy816

Only CC school experience here.. both private and public schools.
 #109848  by Owen

I live within walking distance of my kids grade school and I've picked them up while open carrying but I stayed on the other side of the street from the school. No LEO interactions occurred. I've picked them up many many times pre-open carry so they may not have even noticed or just saw that it was "that Dad I know". DE law is an adder any way so you'd first have to break the law for the GFSZ 1000 ft to be in effect. Plus I was on private (devlopment) property being across the street.
 #109852  by GatorDude

I have carried CC but I just couldn't imagine the havoc that would ensue if anyone saw a firearm on anyone without a badge on school property. Although I am in complete agreement that there is no criminal law violation given the CCDW (and the add-on issue to boot), I don't put much faith in school personnel and/or LEO knowing the law and all it takes is one LEO who does not know before you have an arrest on your record. So even when the charges are dropped...it stays there (unless you get it expunged).
 #109853  by airman1968

GatorDude wrote:I have carried CC but I just couldn't imagine the havoc that would ensue if anyone saw a firearm on anyone without a badge on school property. Although I am in complete agreement that there is no criminal law violation given the CCDW (and the add-on issue to boot), I don't put much faith in school personnel and/or LEO knowing the law and all it takes is one LEO who does not know before you have an arrest on your record. So even when the charges are dropped...it stays there (unless you get it expunged).
Good thought to keep in mind......
 #109859  by Amy Blackthorn

GatorDude wrote:I have carried CC but I just couldn't imagine the havoc that would ensue if anyone saw a firearm on anyone without a badge on school property. Although I am in complete agreement that there is no criminal law violation given the CCDW (and the add-on issue to boot), I don't put much faith in school personnel and/or LEO knowing the law and all it takes is one LEO who does not know before you have an arrest on your record. So even when the charges are dropped...it stays there (unless you get it expunged).
That's the funny part, if you're wearing a firearm and have a professional appearance it's assumed you're a police officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #109877  by Owen

What about storing a loaded pistol in the trunk in a lock box without a CCDW?