Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109878  by tjyz

Amanda Collins -

- Campus rape survivor, 2a activist, loving mother -

Discussing: Fighting the rape culture, and what rape does to a person. Get an exclusive view into the mind of campus rape survivor Amanda Collins.

Amanda, who was a college student at the time, was raped on campus in the parking garage because she wasn't allowed to carry her firearm on campus.

When: Wednesday, 3/29 • 7-8pm
Where: Residence Inn, Dover DE

Tickets: http://www.amandacollins.eventbrite.com
ONLY $10 !!! Tickets going fast!
Your ticket enters you in for a chance to win a free DE concealed carry class!

Amanda's Story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eSxaBEOx7c&t=2s

Questions? -
tjyz@udel.edu
 #109883  by Amy Blackthorn

Oh man, this was last night. I had no idea. Not only would I attend events like this in the future, I'd volunteer to help out in any way I could. Please PM me if there is a mailing list I can sign up for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #109915  by josephjanes

One day's notice ??? C'mon, Tyler, you're better than that. I most likely would have attended. Did you send notices to not only Students for 2A at UD, but women's groups at UD, DelTech (all 3 counties), Wilmington Univ., DSU, Wesley College, etc. For this type of speaker don't limit your target audience to 2A supporters. All women can be helped by hearing Amanda's story. I know I was deeply moved by Lara Logan's story of rape survival during her reporting on the 'Arab Spring' in Cairo, Egypt in 2011.
 #109922  by Amy Blackthorn

josephjanes wrote:One day's notice ??? C'mon, Tyler, you're better than that. I most likely would have attended. Did you send notices to not only Students for 2A at UD, but women's groups at UD, DelTech (all 3 counties), Wilmington Univ., DSU, Wesley College, etc. For this type of speaker don't limit your target audience to 2A supporters. All women can be helped by hearing Amanda's story. I know I was deeply moved by Lara Logan's story of rape survival during her reporting on the 'Arab Spring' in Cairo, Egypt in 2011.
:applause:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk