Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #110418  by Trapper

DOVER, Del. -- Delaware has opened a survey on interactions between the public and police and criminal justice.

The survey, launched by the Access to Justice Commission and police organizations, allows users to answer multiple-choice questions about a number of issues related to policing.

Camden Police Chief Bill Bryson, who heads the Delaware Police Chiefs' Council, said he and other law enforcement leaders were involved with the study. He said it was too soon to determine how effective it would be at providing data for recommendations but did not know what he was going to do.
"We know it's not a scientific survey but it's just one more thing that we can look at and kind of gauge how well we're doing in the community," he said.

A separate survey was distributed to police officers and parole and probation officers regarding their views on criminal justice and interactions with the public.

You can take the survey by visiting the Delaware Court System's website. The survey is open for public responses until Oct. 15.

http://www.wboc.com/story/36221098/dela ... al-justice
 #110424  by Kuntryboy816

A negative aspect of this survey is that a LOT of people who take it are going to base their answers, not from personal experience, but on the sole basis of what they've seen portrayed from the skewed media sources that have been proven again and again to be false and politically driven. Those people who have more experience with LEO will neither be going to popping on to the survey to give their opinions nor will they be very positive in their reviews should they get that far. Most of my answers were middle of the road, neither agree nor disagree as I don't have a lot of professional interaction with LEO although I do know more than a few personally. It will be interesting to see what the results of this poll will be.