Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #110605  by NormH3

Does not the Federal Law state "unauthorized person"? That would indicate to me that if you are legally able to own a firearm and are legally carrying within the guidelines of the state you are in, there shouldn't be a problem.
 #110606  by astro_wanabe

NormH3 wrote:Does not the Federal Law state "unauthorized person"? That would indicate to me that if you are legally able to own a firearm and are legally carrying within the guidelines of the state you are in, there shouldn't be a problem.
No. Says "any individual".
18 USC §922(q)(2)(A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
 #110608  by Owen

I suppose a Federal agent could try to arrest you under Fed. GFSZ but the language I posted earlier shows why DE LEO won't unless you are already committing a DE crime. So it is not that they ignore the Fed GFSZ law but rather that they follow the DE GFSZ law which is a secondary offense.