Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111039  by NCC

Then why not simply ask folks to limit it to holstered handgun OC? I would not want to lug around a rifle in any case.
 #111041  by Delta2Echo

NCC wrote:Then why not simply ask folks to limit it to holstered handgun OC? I would not want to lug around a rifle in any case.
I think you're missing my point. In either case - as far as the mall goes - it doesn't matter. They cancelled it. The mall wasn't comfortable with the possibility of so many people showing up.
 #111042  by NCC

I realized the restrictions on carrying on private property, being asked to leave, trespassing, etc. Why in the hell would you try to do a rally there? Why not go talk to the police chief and get a permit for public property where you can get the support of those that OC? Or find a sympathetic private property owner? If the whole point is to get large numbers to show up, why restrict that by picking a location where you already know the owners can/will exclude them? Unless that is what you wanted?

But I'm wasting my breath. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney. I have been a permit holder for a VERY long time and I fully support my fellow citizens that want to OC. I have never understood why permit holders do this.

All you OC guys, relax, stay home, open a beer and chill. You don't need to do anything about the current political climate here in your home state. The Permit Holders will go out and protect your 2A rights. Just like they did a few years ago and now you have to get an FFL involved to buy a gun from me. But a Permit Holder does not need an FFL to buy a gun from me.

And I really meant this in the nicest possible way that I could present it.
 #111043  by Gotarheels03

great, so this has been cancelled entirely?

If we do not show up in large numbers against this assault weapons ban, DE is a lost state. A state level AWB is a culture killer. We need to go and tell them NO. Go to legislative hall, go into these legislators offices and *politely* but firmly tell them no assault weapons ban. Everyone in this state who gives a crap needs to mobilize against this.

Name one state that has ever recovered from a state level AWB passing? DE has, for years been pretty pro-gun for such a blue state. We are kind of lucky. If this passes, say goodbye to DE.
 #111044  by NCC

Gotarheels03 wrote: DE has, for years been pretty pro-gun for such a blue state. We are kind of lucky. If this passes, say goodbye to DE.
Delaware is a Republican state led by a Democratic county. It seems to me that I was the last Republican import to move into this county back in '92.
 #111045  by rosco87

Delaware unlike Maryland has second amendment protections written into its states constitution. That’s why that law was able to be passed in Maryland. If it does pass in Delaware it will be challenged immediately! And will be found as unconstitutional! It was written too quick and is too broad and over reaching!
 #111046  by astro_wanabe

Gotarheels03 wrote:great, so this has been cancelled entirely?

If we do not show up in large numbers against this assault weapons ban, DE is a lost state. A state level AWB is a culture killer. We need to go and tell them NO. Go to legislative hall, go into these legislators offices and *politely* but firmly tell them no assault weapons ban. Everyone in this state who gives a crap needs to mobilize against this.

Name one state that has ever recovered from a state level AWB passing? DE has, for years been pretty pro-gun for such a blue state. We are kind of lucky. If this passes, say goodbye to DE.
The "meet and greet" type even event with the legislator who introduced the bill was canceled, but people are still planning to meet up in Dover on Wednesday. Of course it's in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, so most people will be working. Attendance at the mall on a weekend would have been WAY higher. The mall probably didn't want several hundred people showing up in the food court, pissed off, and not actually buying anything.
 #111052  by astro_wanabe

And now they just banned me for speaking up in support of OC and against creating division amongst the pro-gun side. Typical idiots. So concerned with "optics" they'll eat their own instead of focusing on moving the ball forward.
 #111053  by NCC

astro_wanabe wrote:And now they just banned me for speaking up in support of OC and against creating division amongst the pro-gun side. Typical idiots. So concerned with "optics" they'll eat their own instead of focusing on moving the ball forward.
Unreal. See? Yet another reason not to use Failbook.
 #111056  by Owen

Sounds like that facebook group is run by a bunch of "I support the 2a but..." types. Not my type of thing.

I will be open carrying. Heck, I open carry everywhere.