Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111786  by twfran

I live close by Chris and his family in Middletown. Tonight, we saw a huge fire in their direction, and we went to investigate. Unfortunately, it does look like this is their place. Volunteer Hose has a multiple alarm call for their address also.

Looks like they will be in need of prayers and support. Sorry to pass along bad news, but I know many of you are friends.

I have no more details.
 #111788  by Red Alert

Yes, it’s confirmed. Doesn’t sound good on the radio. Reports of ammo going off. Lots of prayers...
 #111791  by Amy Blackthorn

I heard from Chris around midnight. Everyone is safe. I’m sure he’ll make the rounds when things die down.

https://amyblackthorn.com
 #111792  by Boots

I went by last night sometime after 8:00. Chris, Carole and family are all okay. The garage was totally destroyed along with a Jeep inside. Another car (Blazer?) just outside the garage door was totally destroyed. Two other cars parked parallel near the garage were very heavily damaged and very likely will be totaled.

I saw no evidence that fire got inside the home. However, there was severe damage to the siding and eaves, along with cracking of the window glass.

I spoke with Chris and he appeared to be in a state of shock, as I am sure I would be if I were in his situation. I didn't ask questions but I do know ammunition was stored in the garage along with a car hoist and many automotive tools. Hopefully, insurance will cover all his losses.

I'm sure he would appreciate quick text messages conveying your concern, but I would give him plenty of time to recover; all of a sudden there is a lot on his plate! I'm sure he will let everyone know when he is back in business.
 #111793  by Red Alert

Thanks Boots.
 #111794  by dave_in_delaware

OMG that's so terrible! I am glad everyone is OK.