Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #111970  by Adam

I recently heard that there are either two or three new gun laws currently in the Delaware Senate. From what I understand they already passed in the house and are being reviewed right now. One is in regards to requiring Delaware residents to secure their firearms with a trigger lock, Etc and the other is another attempt at a high capacity magazine ban. I'm not sure of the content for the Third proposal. Just wondering if anyone has any information that could shed additional light on this?
 #111971  by NCC

#111972  by radnor

1 Bill passed the house HB63 (safe storage). It went to the Senate and was amended. So it need to go back to the House.

3 Senate Bills were introduced on 10 April. SB68, SB69, & SB70. SB69 has been replaced by SB82. Will not know for sure until Monday (good word has it) they will be placed on the agenda for 8 May. Now is the time to go to Legislative Hall and show you are against them. These deal with: ID card to purchase & creates a REGISTRY database. Magazine limit (ban). And an AWB WITH REGISTRY database.

Here is audio of BT in the Rick Jensen show TRYING to defend them
http://wdel.streamon.fm/listen-pl-3759?smc=6
 #112000  by radnor

Well now there's SS1 for SB68.

We MUST keep up the pressure!
To those who emailed, called, and visited with their elected officials - THANK YOU!
 #112001  by Owen

radnor wrote:Well now there's SS1 for SB68.

We MUST keep up the pressure!
To those who emailed, called, and visited with their elected officials - THANK YOU!
What the .... heck!? :o SS1 is the same as SB68 Semi-auto ban.

I don't understand why Townsend would just try a redo a day later. :roll: He's deluded if he thinks anything has changed since the 8th. This guy needs to be out of office. :poed:

EDIT: We need to just forward him all the previous emails!
 #112002  by NCC

He's my senator, don't bother. He will not even talk to me any longer.
 #112004  by radnor

Owen wrote: I don't understand why Townsend would just try a redo a day later. :roll: He's deluded if he thinks anything has changed since the 8th. This guy needs to be out of office. :poed:
Last election I donated $100 to his opponent. The SAD thing is I do not believe Dan had any help (or much help) with boots on the ground. I did help with Erin's campaign with lit drops etc. She's not in my district either. Sadly, Larry "magazine ban" Mitchell is....
 #112005  by NCC

As did I and then never heard a word from the campaign, which was evidently totally run from Failbook. Not even a door knock in my neighborhood.