Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #845  by downphall

Hello all,

I wanted to get your opinions on applying for my CCDW permt before I start the process. As a juvenile I was convicted of non-violent crimes that would have counted as felonies as an adult. These crimes were related to breaking into government computers and changing their default landing page. I was in 8th grade when I committed these acts. I had to wait until my 25th birthday to purchase my first legal firearm.

So, I'm wondering, if I had no problem purchasing my firearm, do you think I will have any problems when I go to apply for CCDW permit?
 #846  by Wynder

You might have a problem... if you can afford it, I'd say give it a try, but definitely save the training course requirement until your application is accepted since that's half of the cost there.
 #847  by downphall

I can afford it, I just don't think it would be fair for them to say no...Especially since I was able to purchase it after a 3 day delay.
 #849  by Wynder

downphall wrote:I can afford it, I just don't think it would be fair for them to say no...Especially since I was able to purchase it after a 3 day delay.
Delaware is a MAY ISSUE state, so they can technically say no for any reason they want -- even to people who have no reason not to be denied a license. When you apply, when you get your copy of the letter from the AG/DoJ's office, you'll get your indication of how the Judge may decide.

In general it's a, "We have found nothing in the course of our investigation that would preclude this person from having a license, blablabla."

If you get something other than that, then you'll probably sweat a few bullets over the next 6 weeks.
 #875  by stephpd

Wynder wrote:You might have a problem... if you can afford it, I'd say give it a try, but definitely save the training course requirement until your application is accepted since that's half of the cost there.
+1 on saving the cost for the classes until you get a reply from the court. You might be the first person on this board to be turned down. I'm sure the AG's office will 'see' that incedent and it might have some bearing on the outcome.

Keep us informed. :)

And welcome to the forum.