Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #1741  by stephpd

Well written and respectful while pointing out the facts and the laws.

But I'm with you on not expecting the same in return.

But we can hope! ;)
 #1744  by dave_in_delaware

Well, the Sgt either hasn't gotten my email, or he's pi$$ed and won't respond... because I haven't heard anything yet. Part of me is afraid to read his reply.... I don't want to find Police cars waiting for me to come home after work one of these days..... :shock:
 #1757  by cappilot06

dave_in_delaware wrote:Well, the Sgt either hasn't gotten my email, or he's pi$$ed and won't respond... because I haven't heard anything yet. Part of me is afraid to read his reply.... I don't want to find Police cars waiting for me to come home after work one of these days..... :shock:
Hey Dave,
Don't sweat it, not that I really think you are.lol. You've done nothing but point out the errors in the Sgt's email and logic. I haven't even formally met you yet, but I'll come bail your a-- out if they come get ya. :lol:
 #1760  by dave_in_delaware

Thanks for the encouragement and comments everyone. I've never "challenged" the Police before....
cappilot06 wrote:I haven't even formally met you yet, but I'll come bail your a-- out if they come get ya. :lol:
That, Sir, means a lot to me. Thank you for saying that.
 #1769  by George

dave_in_delaware wrote: I believe there is no difference whether I'm a civilian who chooses to carry a firearm or I'm a uniformed Police Officer. And despite the Lieutenant's beliefs, we're BOTH authorized to carry a weapon. This right is granted to me by the Delaware State Constitution. I don't need to be a member of any organized law enforcement group to open carry a handgun.

David *****
I know some may think its just semantics, but the Delaware state constitution doesn’t grant you the right to anything. I am granted my rights as a free human by my creator; these rights have been confirmed by the US and Delaware state constitutions and their laws. I just don’t want anyone thinking that the state “grants rights” because if the state grants a right it isn’t a right, it’s a privilege. and we know privileges can be restricted or removed.
 #1772  by LordJim

I don't know why, but I feel like you should send a copy as a registered letter, also. Email, though ubiquitous these days, still doesn't carry as much weight as the written word.

As an aside - you've got my #, so feel free to add me to the list of folks who will bail your rebellious, trouble-making self out of the clink. :D

-
Jim
 #1788  by dave_in_delaware

George wrote:... these rights have been confirmed by the US and Delaware state constitutions and their laws. I just don’t want anyone thinking that the state “grants rights” because if the state grants a right it isn’t a right, it’s a privilege. and we know privileges can be restricted or removed.
Yes yes, I know.... I should have worded my statement differently. :oops:
LordJim wrote:As an aside - you've got my #, so feel free to add me to the list of folks who will bail your rebellious, trouble-making self out of the clink.
Thanks to you, too. Hey, wait.... rebellious? trouble making?? Moi? :twisted:
 #1919  by dave_in_delaware

Still no response from the Sgt.

:roll:
 #1921  by Wynder

Can always let him know that you plan to forward the incident on to the FBI to handle it as a Civil Rights matter.