Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #91117  by photog

Huge thanks to everyone who turned out for the clean up today!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Once again, my apologies that I could not be there as well, my attendance at the Boy Scouts training day was mandatory... Very special thanks to SigGirl for leading the event in my absence, unfortunately I dumped all of this on her with very little notice. Well done sweetie!!!
 #91119  by SigGirl

Couldn't have done it without everyone's help and especially Stephpd and his awesome pointy sticks! It was definitely a team effort. :pbjtime:
 #91120  by dave_in_delaware

I'd like to personally thank everyone who made it out today for the highway clean up. Thank you very much for your time and efforts! It's greatly appreciated.
 #91128  by Kuntryboy816

I must sincerely apologize for not being able to attend, as much as I wanted to be there!! My brother had his wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Between the constant vomiting and him fainting twice, his wife didn't feel comfortable leaving him by himself Saturday. So I was voluntold to keep him company. I'm glad it was a good turn out non-the-less.
 #91153  by Mirlen

SigGirl wrote:Couldn't have done it without everyone's help and especially Stephpd and his awesome pointy sticks! It was definitely a team effort. :pbjtime:
Pointy sticks were awesome! But they didn't work on glass or the 2 foot long aluminum bar I found.. :-P
 #98299  by stephpd

Getting to be about that time again. We're supposed to clean it 3 or 4 times a year. Lets do this before it gets hot.
 #106204  by photog

Attention all DELOC members! As most of you know, Delaware Open Carry has their own Adopt-a-Highway route which we clean from time to time. I received this letter from DelDot asking everyone who has one of these routes to please join in on October 17th. and clean up! Therefore, all of those who can come out on the 17th are asked to please pitch in and help. This is a family friendly event and open carry of handguns in holsters are welcome and encouraged to attend. This is a great opportunity to show folks that we are law abiding citizens helping the community.

The meeting place will be next to the McDonalds in the Midway shopping center on Kirkwood highway. Time will be 10am. The entire area should only take a few hours to complete. I will have trash bags and disposable gloves available. There will also be green "adopt-a-highway" vests available so that no one mistakes our actions. There will also be a "Delaware Open Carry" banner near the road. If you can help out, please respond here or on the FB page so that I can get a rough head count!
Thank you... Stay safe and carry on!
 #106210  by Boots

I'm going to try to be there...

Hopefully some pointy sticks will make their way there too!
;)

Edit: I have a change of plans and will be attending a memorial service for a fellow CMAer.
I hope all goes well with the A-a-H cleanup.
Last edited by Boots on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #106288  by photog

Just a reminder of our Adopt-a-Highway clean up TOMORROW MORNING at 10:00 am. at the Midway shopping center on Kirkwood Highway. At the intersection of RT. 7 (Limestone Road) and Kirkwood Highway. We will be meeting in the parking lot near the McDonalds in the shopping center. (look for the DELOC banner)

I hope to see you all there!!
photog
 #106290  by dave_in_delaware

I had been planning on coming down to help clean our part of the highway, but apparently I was due to get sick instead (started feeling "off" at work yesterday): fever, chills, congestion, irritated throat, cough... happy time (not). :(

My apologies to everyone.