Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #1943  by Wynder

Hey there, folks...

So, I can't remember if this idea was brought up before, but what do you all think about participating in the Adopt-a-Highway program? We'd, in essence, be sponsoring a 2mi (at least) stretch of road, I'd like to get it in NCC, and maybe we could arrange for a service day or two each year -- might be a nice opportunity to OC. :)

Thoughts?
 #1948  by bms429

i am down. will remind me of the good old days in the boys scouts
 #1951  by radnor

bms429 wrote:i am down. will remind me of the good old days in the boys scouts
And how far did you make it? Are you one of the elite?
 #1952  by bms429

Eagle scout at age 16...had to beat my bro at something
 #1953  by radnor

Dude! You ARE a member of the elite. CONGRATS! About 4 out of 100 make it. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I was never a scout as a kid. I lived it through my boys. Neither made the elite. One made it to Life. The other never went to Boy Scouts from Cubs.
 #1954  by bms429

Thanks!

It was tough to do, but it has helped me in many parts of life. Also helped on job interviews, etc, haha. Its tough to be a scout in todays world. It is so uncool to be one.
 #1955  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:Adopt-a-Highway... a nice opportunity to OC.... Thoughts?
I think many motorists would sh!t themselves seeing a bunch of guys carrying guns right next to the road! Then they may swerve to avoid us, since we all know (thanks to the media) GUNS just randomly shoot people. Many accidents would thus occur on the days we were cleaning the roads. Then we'd be banned from cleaning the roads because we're causing a bigger mess on the roads by way of car accident debris, spilled gasoline, glass, etc....

:o

Our stretch of road would be changed to "Shut-Down-A-Highway".....
 #1957  by bms429

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Wynder wrote:Adopt-a-Highway... a nice opportunity to OC.... Thoughts?
I think many motorists would sh!t themselves seeing a bunch of guys carrying guns right next to the road! Then they may swerve to avoid us, since we all know (thanks to the media) GUNS just randomly shoot people. Many accidents would thus occur on the days we were cleaning the roads. Then we'd be banned from cleaning the roads because we're causing a bigger mess on the roads by way of car accident debris, spilled gasoline, glass, etc....

:o

Our stretch of road would be changed to "Shut-Down-A-Highway".....

Way to stay optimistic....haha. I agree that people might sh!t bricks if they saw a bunch of guys with guns cleaning the road.
 #1959  by dave_in_delaware

Yeah, sorry for my lack of optimism... it is a great opportunity and it would be great exposure for our group.

But the sheeple freak out enough when there's a prisoner cleaning crew along the road, and that's WITH some sort of law enforcement. Imagine seeing a bunch of... CIVILIANS... with guns. Oh, my! :?

And you thought the parks were bad enough.... just think of how many women and children would be driving past us alarmed and worried.... :roll: :twisted: