Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #89233  by SigGirl

stephpd wrote:I'm in. Possibly Brenda too.
I'll bring the pointy sticks I'd made up for the last clean up too.
Good, tell Brenda I'll be there! Save a pointy stick for me :pbjtime:
 #90171  by photog

Ok everyone, SEPTEMBER 21ST will be our clean- up day!

We will meet at our DELOC sign, which is located on Kirkwood Highway (Rt. 2) at the corner of Limestone Rd. (Rt. 7) in the Midway Shopping center. The clean up will start at 10:00 am. and we can have a lunch afterwards at Crossroads Restaurant (OC friendly). I will have the safety vests and trash bags, stephpd will have a few "pokey sicks" for us to use to assist in picking up the trash. Please bring some gloves to protect your hands!

We are hoping to have a lot of folks show up to help, so that we can get this done as quickly as possible. I would like to get a rough headcount for those who plan on attending. (Poll is up) I will also post this on the DELOC FB site to hopefully get some others to help out.....

Thanks in advance for your help in cleaning up our State, as well as representing open carry in Delaware!

P.S. It is requested that open carry of handguns in holsters only, please!
 #90217  by Kuntryboy816

Awwww... I had a whole new idea to OC! 2 pieces of surgical tubing forming an X across my chest and my FN right in the middle. :troll:
 #90503  by photog

Just a reminder of the Adopt-a-Highway clean up day on September 21st @ 10:00 a.m.... Please come help if you can!

Have a great day!
photog
 #90731  by photog

Just another reminder of our DELOC clean up day on Saturday, September 21st @ 10:00 a.m.

A slight change in plans in that my wife, SigGirl will be running the show. As most of you know, I am a volunteer rifle instructor with the Boy Scouts of America. It was recently announced that there will be a training day for all BSA staff on the 21st. My apologies that I can not be in attendance for the clean up and lunch. However, I do sincerely appreciate everyone's time and efforts in coming out to help!!!

Have a nice day!
photog
 #90928  by astro_wanabe

I'll be there. Side note - finally got a BCG for my AR build. Anybody have a set of 5.56 go/no go gauges I could borrow for like 2 minutes at the cleanup? I can just bring the barrel and bolt and check real quick. Thanks, sorry for sidetracking thread.
 #90973  by photog

SigGirl and I did a drive by of our Adopt-a-Highway route last night. There does not appear to be an overwhelming amount of trash there, but there is some. It should not take more than roughly 2 hours to clean the entire stretch. I will call Crossroads restaurant and inform them that a group of 15- 20 will be coming, hopefully, the staff there can be prepared for our arrival.

Once again, THANK YOU to all who are helping out!!!!
 #91025  by stephpd

astro_wanabe wrote:I'll be there. Side note - finally got a BCG for my AR build. Anybody have a set of 5.56 go/no go gauges I could borrow for like 2 minutes at the cleanup? I can just bring the barrel and bolt and check real quick. Thanks, sorry for sidetracking thread.
Kinda in the same place with my AR's. They're fully assembled but I'd like to check head space on both of them prior to shooting them. PSA say they checked head space and fired one round prior to shipping them. But I'd feel much better checking them against the BCG's I bought.
 #91115  by Boots

I had hoped to be there but something came up. Will try again next time.