Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #106293  by photog

HUGE thanks for everyone who came out to help today! Our section of road was cleaned up in about an hour and a half.... Wouldn't you know, by the time we got back to our starting point, someone had thrown some trash on the side of the road that we had just cleaned......UNBELIEVABLE!!!
 #110528  by photog

Greeting all, We will be cleaning our Adopt-a-highway section of roadway on Saturday, October 21st. starting at 10:00a.m. and should be done by 12:00 noon. The meeting place will be at the Midway Shopping Center at the intersection of Limestone Road (Rt. 7) and Kirkwood Highway (Rt. 2) There will be a "DELOC" sign by the highway to help identify where we will be. I am asking all that can attend to come and help out. This is a family friendly, open carry event. HANDGUNS IN HOLSTERS ONLY, PLEASE. There will be safety vests to wear and trash bags. You may want to bring gloves.

Please reply here or on the DELOC Facebook page so that we can have a headcount. Thanks to all and I look forward to seeing you all there!!!

Photog
 #110531  by Boots

I think I can be there, but Jen has a CCDW class that day.
 #110532  by Boots

What if we had the cleanup between 10a and noon and then afterward had our October dinner meeting at the Crossroads restaurant?
 #110533  by dave_in_delaware

Boots wrote:What if we had the cleanup between 10a and noon and then afterward had our October dinner meeting at the Crossroads restaurant?
I think that would make a lot of sense. We could make it for a tentative time of 12:30pm (lunch) to give the group time to finish the highway cleaning and then get washed up for lunch. It's a Saturday so it doesn't have to be dinner.

Sound like a plan?
 #110534  by astro_wanabe

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Boots wrote:What if we had the cleanup between 10a and noon and then afterward had our October dinner meeting at the Crossroads restaurant?
I think that would make a lot of sense. We could make it for a tentative time of 12:30pm (lunch) to give the group time to finish the highway cleaning and then get washed up for lunch. It's a Saturday so it doesn't have to be dinner.

Sound like a plan?
Sounds good to me!
 #110574  by photog

Just a reminder of our adopt -a- highway clean-up this Saturday. The start time has been changed to 10:00 a.m. to allow folks to better accommodate their schedules. As stated earlier, this is a family friendly event with HANDGUNS IN HOLSTERS ONLY, please. We will be meeting at the Midway Shopping center next to the McDonalds. There will be a red Dodge Ram truck with an American flag parked nearby.

I look forward to seeing everyone there... Have a great day!!

Photog
 #110582  by dave_in_delaware

My better half and I will be leaving home shortly to get down there to help! See y'all soon!