Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #2129  by cappilot06

Stupid question here so I'll go ahead and ask it and then sit back and take the criticism for not knowing the answer.

I know fully auto AR-15 aren't legal, but is it legal here in Delaware to own a semi-auto AR-15. Not that the ARB is not in effect, i wasn't sure if the state still allowed residents to own. I'm not sure if you guys are drooling because you can't afford it, or because its illegal right now.lol

OK, go ahead...let me have it :oops:
 #2130  by myopicvisionary

You can own as many AR-15s in Delaware as you can afford. M-16s are restricted to police, military and those who require one for for their experimental R&D work.
 #2131  by cappilot06

Great...now here's any even dumber question...what kind of a pricetag does one of these usually have attached to it?
 #2132  by dave_in_delaware

cappilot06 wrote:Great...now here's any even dumber question...what kind of a pricetag does one of these usually have attached to it?
There's no such thing as a dumb question. Well, unless it's one you never ask....

I've seen a basic kit-build for around $575 (16" standard AR-15) all the way up to probably around $2000+ for some fancy-shmancy options and expensive brand-names.

It sounds like I should start an AR-15 thread!!!
 #2133  by cappilot06

So you can mean I can build it piece by piece and ask for pieces for my birthdays.LOL. My wife would just LOVE that!! :D
 #2134  by Wynder

In the immortal words of Mr. Garrison, "There's no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people."

No reflection on anyone, of course, but every time someone says they're asking a stupid question, that quote always enters my mind. ;p
 #2135  by cappilot06

True. :lol:
 #2137  by myopicvisionary

That's how I built mine. If I had known that they were going to pass that stupid AWB way back when. I would have bought a dozen stripped lower receivers when they were only $69.00 each!!
 #2139  by dave_in_delaware

OK, the "official" AR-15 thread is here.