Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #31902  by myopicvisionary

The guy might have well looked at me and said, "This is a gun, it goes bang," for the level of courtesy and professionalism I encountered. One of my biggest indicators of "good" firearm business is how they treat women who walk in the door. I understand that many women who come into any store like that are either new and scared or just going in with their significant other. No matter how many women come in who aren't interested in firearms, when someone comes in who obviously IS, I'd appreciate not being treated like a "girl".
Elizabeth runs Patriot Firearms and you won't have that problem there.
 #31914  by Tony T

Amy Blackthorn wrote: I've had problems with X-ring in the past, so I haven't gone back. Maybe I should give them another shot. Pun not intended, LOL.
Amy,

They recently fired one of their longest tenured employees due to customer complaints. The guy knew his stuff but he could be condescending. He'd often question your choice of firearm, exert his opinion about open carry, or generaly act sarcastic. I don't think he realized he was doing it. I don't think it was intentional.

Supposedly he received numerous "talks" about it over a period of time. His name rhymes with cave and he's also a firearms instructor. I never let him get to me, then again I don't let most people bother me.
 #31915  by Tony T

[added to the list]
 #31938  by Amy Blackthorn

Tony T wrote: Amy,

They recently fired one of their longest tenured employees due to customer complaints. The guy knew his stuff but he could be condescending. He'd often question your choice of firearm, exert his opinion about open carry, or generaly act sarcastic. I don't think he realized he was doing it. I don't think it was intentional.

Supposedly he received numerous "talks" about it over a period of time. His name rhymes with cave and he's also a firearms instructor. I never let him get to me, then again I don't let most people bother me.
Thanks Tony! Yeah, that was him. I had similar problems during my visits, so it drove away my business. I'll have to give them another chance now!
myopicvisionary wrote: Elizabeth runs Patriot Firearms and you won't have that problem there.
Myopicvisionary, I stopped in PA and spoke with Elizabeth about a month ago, I LOVED not being treated like a girl, and may go back. Thanks.
 #31942  by wwd

removed...not OC friendly.
*** (wwd-one visit) good selection, friendly and helpful service, indoor range and gun rental
Last edited by wwd on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #31968  by Boots

wwd wrote:Shooter's Choice
5105 N Dupont Hwy
Dover DE 19901
*** (wwd-one visit) good selection, friendly and helpful service, indoor range and gun rental
Maybe they're not on the list because they are not OC friendly at all.
 #31992  by wwd

Boots wrote:Maybe they're not on the list because they are not OC friendly at all.
I had no idea. I've been on here 5-6 weeks, and maybe it was on an older thread. That's good to know. Big thanks for that!!!
 #32529  by Amy Blackthorn

I went back to XRing today to look at holsters. I was really happy. No one pushed me for a sale, no one treated me like a girl, and when I was ready for help, everyone was fantastic. They had the Serpa my husband mentioning and they found a Galco retention that should fit my Sig.
 #37297  by Feathers

I apologize if this is not the place to post this, but there is a local gun store in Camden Wyoming (towards Delaware Solid Waste Authority in Felton) that has given me excellent deals on handguns called Paul's Gunsmith Service. I was able to purchase two handguns for well under the local prices and cheaper than internet prices. It may take a little time for your firearm to arrive, but he will do free shipping if you choose to have it delivered on his delivery truck that comes every 1 or 2 weeks on Tuesday (I will have to get clarification on if his delivery is weekly or bi-weekly). He will also do regular shipping for a fee if you want it sooner. My wife's Star Model BM had a breakage in the safety and he was able to locate a scarce piece after some time and fix it for a mere $25.

I was also able to find some cheap ammunition using http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/
Thought I'd toss these up here as another source for firearms and ammo for everyone.