Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #2260  by gbrown221

For those who missed the UTAH CFP class in Delaware. Carry in 29 states including PENNSYLVANIA. DE does not have reciprocity with PA.

Team Life will be hosting a class.

Course Date: July 19th, 2008
Course start time (08:00 registration - class at 09:00)
Course Location: 451 Veit Road, Huntington Valley, PA 19006

Mail Payments to Team Life, P.O. Box 588, Trevose, PA 19053

Team Life has rented the Classic Pistol Range for 2 hours. This will be for the live fire portion of class. We have five lanes. You can bring your own ammo but ammo is well priced their and will be available. You will need about 50 rounds. Please bring your own fiearms if possible.

What is included: Utah CFP class, fingerprints, notary , passport photos, copy of your Drivers License for Utah, shipping supplies to return your completed package. You will leave the class with the packet complete. We will be doing the fingerprints, notary, and photos on site.

DO NOT sign application until in the presence of the notary at class.
Please have current government issued photo ID (i.e. drivers license)

Lunch will be provided.
Please no alcohol on the premises.
We are an approved Training Center by the PA Dept of Health and therefore smoking is prohibbited on the property.

The course with live fire portion should run to the mid afternoon.

Course Cost: $122 if your register 1 week before the class. $130 at the door since. Registering early helps me plan lunch count. Please make checks payable to: Team Life

Mail payments to: PO BOX 588, Trevose, PA 19053

Does not include permit fee to UTAH BCI for $65.25

Please email me at grbrown@fastmail.net with questions.
Office number is: 215-310-5436
Cell 267-228-1943

More classes will be scheduled if there is continue interest.
Last edited by gbrown221 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #2271  by Wynder

Thanks for letting us know, Greg. :)
 #2277  by gbrown221

No problem as some fellow delaware resident I know were not able to attend the Delaware class. I thought this may be a suitable make up. we are about 1hr 20 min from where the Delaware class was held .
I guess i should remind everyone that with this permit you are able to carry in PA to include Philadelphia. and currently PA and DE does not have direct recipocity.
 #2279  by Wynder

gbrown221 wrote:currently PA and DE does not have direct recipocity.
Don't see this changing unless PA adopts a training requirement or Delaware looses theirs.
 #2281  by radnor

gbrown221 wrote:which is why i think the UTAH permit would be ideal for Delaware folk
It is. And a thank you to everyone who made the last class possible.

Can someone PM me with Jeff's email please. I was supposed to get back to him re: NRA Pistol cert. some other guy teaches.
 #2296  by Wynder

myopicvisionary wrote:Exactly what is it that precludes reciprocity between DE & PA?
The states need to have similar requirements -- in this case, the training. PA is Shall Issue, no training needed.
 #2308  by gbrown221

shall issue status is not the reasong PA does not have reciprocity with DE

lots of states are shall issue and have reciprocity with DE. Florida and UTAH are tow of them

The DE Attorney Gen has indicated on his website that he will not negotiate any reciprocity agreement with a state that does not require training. since florida and utah (both shall issue) require training then reciprocity is possible with Delaware.

Greg
 #2310  by Wynder

gbrown221 wrote:The DE Attorney Gen has indicated on his website that he will not negotiate any reciprocity agreement with a state that does not require training.
Ayep -- that's kinda what I indicated. The shall issue remark was more indicative of it's strict adhearance to the concept.