Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #2374  by dave_in_delaware

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever OC'd INTO a police station before? This could be either a County Police facility, State Police Troop, downtown Wilmington, etc., particularly for your fingerprinting for the CCDW License, or are there "no firearms" signs outside (which, of course, would be VERY ironic)....

If so, what was the reaction? How were you "received"?

If not, how do you think you'd be treated?

Please let us all know what to expect! Thanks!
 #2375  by cappilot06

I haven't done it yet, and I can't remember if there were any signs posted or not at Troop 2 but I don't think so.

Hey, I'm game for a group outing to the local State Police troop to ask them what their policies are. :D
 #2377  by dave_in_delaware

Oh, I know what some Troopers' policies are:

"We arrest - we don't interpret the law."

:o
 #2379  by Wynder

In essence, don't.

Since each station has their own holding cells and it's where suspects can be taken after arrest, it's going to be considered a detention facility under the law and is, thus, subject to the Contraband in a Detention Facility statute which is a felony: § 1256 and § 1258.
 #2443  by dave_in_delaware

myopicvisionary wrote:Don't even think about OCing in a police station!
Oh, trust me... I've thought about it....

I mean, I can't believe a person who was being followed by an unknown vehicle and stopped at a police station (to seek safety since it was 11:00pm) would be arrested if he/she was OCing at the time but needed help.
 #2444  by George

would they be arrested if they were smoking a crack pipe?
 #2445  by dave_in_delaware

I really hope that they're not smoking crack if they're OCing. :shock:
 #2477  by George

let me rephrase:
I mean, I can't believe a person who was being followed by an unknown vehicle and stopped at a police station (to seek safety since it was 11:00pm) would be arrested if he/she was Smoking crack at the time but needed help.

point being, if you're breaking the law, you’re going to be arrested. You’ll get your help, but more than you planned
 #2522  by myopicvisionary

In an emergent situation I doubt the miscreants would follow you into the parking lot of a police station.