Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #2400  by cappilot06

I have a question for those of you who have done way more OC'ing than I have.

I've read a few posts here of members attempting to OC into their local bank...some of which didn't bat an eye and others which asked them to leave.

I currently have accounts at Commerce Bank. Has anyone had any experience OC'ing there. I'm not sure if I will ever do it, but am curious about other experiences inside of banks? I've gone through their drive-through right next to the window with the pistol visible to the teller, but have not taken it inside.

Thanks.
 #2401  by dave_in_delaware

I don't bank at Commerce, so I don't know what their policy is, or if they'd freak out.

At my bank (Dexsta), I've OC'd there a few times, all of which got me some looks, but nothing was said to me (and there are no signs outside saying it's prohibited).

When I banked at Watchoverya (er, Wachovia), I had asked the customer service people about OCing (I was NOT at the time) inside their bank (there was no sign). She had no idea what their policy was, and had to call Corporate. She said that they prefer that no one does it for "safety" reasons, but I don't remember her saying it's prohibited.

Your best bet: go there, look for signs, and if no signs: GO IN. They'll say something if they notice and ask you to leave.

Other than that, you could always call them ahead of time. Or, go in unarmed and ask customer service.

Remember: It's better to ask forgiveness than permission.
 #2404  by cappilot06

I still am real wary about banks. I think it will take some serious sized marbles to do it, and I'm still growing my OC marbles. :oops:

I think it will be a little while longer before I try it, but rest assured, some day I will.
 #2406  by myopicvisionary

I bank with WSFS and I have not had a problem. Nor did I ask permission. It is not prohibited by law so I will OC until they request me to leave per their policy, if there is one. Then I will withdraw all my money!
 #2412  by LordJim

Allow me to do you the favor of guarding that money for you. I'll treat it real nice, I promise! :D :D

-
Jim
 #2428  by ILove2Shoot

I bank at Wilmington Trust. There is a guard there ususally who carrys. I have never attempted to carry in there, but I bet you anything I would not be allowed to go in while carrying. I hope everyone has a good day today... its almost Friday!!!
 #2453  by Mr. Bruce

I would advise this. It's legal. Go in and try it. They can only tell you to leave. I mean..... A bank....money.... what other ingredients do you want to add for being a target? I SPECIFICALLY carried to buy my computer at the apple store in the mall. I was leaving with about 5 grand in equipment. You NEED to carry if you are going in or out of a place carrying something of value.
 #2462  by dave_in_delaware

+1.

Just go in and try it. All they can do is say "Sir, you can't come in here w/ that. It's against policy." or something like that.

Then you'll know to withdraw all of your money and put it in a different (i.e. more concerned for your safety) bank.