Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #2549  by stephpd

I noticed this at work last weekend and I'm starting to have the same problem at home. Right now I'm using Windows Explorer since firefox won't let me log in. Well that's not quite true, it will say I'm logged in then when it goes back to the page I'm not logged in again.

I prefer firefox over explorer but this is the only way I can post.

Anyone else having this problem? It might be some sort of conflict with the addons for firefox. I'm just not sure.
 #2554  by Wynder

We've had some cookie issues recently, and I think they've been smoothed out. Try these steps.

1) Click the LOGOUT link in the upper right of the page.

2) Delete all forums cookies -- go here and click YES: http://www.deloc.org/deloc/forums/ucp.p ... te_cookies

3) IMMEDIATE close the browser window.

4) Fire it back up and try to login. If you still have issues, you may want to repeat the steps and, from the browser Window click TOOLS, CLEAR PRIVATE DATA and remove all cookies.

It's a cookie issue, not an actual code problem. Once I cleared out everything, I think it may have taken a day or so for everything to right itself again. Sorry for the inconvenience with this... I know it's a pain, but I'm hoping this will fix any future issues.

Rob
 #2555  by LordJim

In FF3 I had to actually get into the menus and delete the deloc.org cookies by hand before logging in again.

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies -> . . .

Scroll down until you find the deloc.org cookies and ask FF to delete them for you. You should be fine after that.

-
Jim
 #2558  by mustangdave

YES!!! I can finally log in! Wynder, that you for your help. LordJim I totally forgot about that, it worked for me, thanks.

:pbjtime:

Now I can go to bed.
 #2560  by stephpd

Yeah :applause: :pbjtime: :applause: :pbjtime: :applause:

I'm back in with firefox!!!!!!

I hate using Explorer. :twisted:

I though that work was blocking me from this site. But it started at home so I though I'd ask. Will have to try it at work this weekend.

Though it might have been something I said or they just don't like us having guns. I'm sure both are true.

Thanks,

Steve
 #2565  by dave_in_delaware

I've had the same cookie problem lately, too. In both IE and FF.

I'd log in, it would say successfully logged in, then take me right back to log in. Endless loop.

Deleting cookies and restarting your browser is key.
 #2864  by Wynder

Okay, folks -- I tried one more thing. For the technically savvy, previously, I attempted changing the cookie domain from just deloc.org to www.deloc.org. We still had some issues, so I went back today and changed the unique name of the cookie because its possible that the new domain setting with the old cookie name was causing some of the issues.

I'm hoping this takes care of the issue -- if you have problems, attempt the cookie deletion solution again. Post here if you have any further issues after attempting the above solution.
 #2865  by dave_in_delaware

This must be why I had some issues w/ being logged in earlier this afternoon - you were messin' w/ stuff!!!
 #2868  by Wynder

I'll get it right one of these days. ;p
 #2949  by Sprat

I did what rob suggested and it didn't work some days I can open on AOL some days I need to use firefox and sometimes I need to use Explorer. if I have time I will try what Jim posted above very frustrating
sprat