Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #3130  by cappilot06

I agree that is probably what he meant, but he needs to realize that words need to be chosen carefully because one word can DRASTICALLY change the meaning of a sentence.LOL. Especially in a court of law!
 #3131  by cappilot06

Oh well, I'm done with it for a while...its been a tiring morning. The one person I have been waiting on a response from most (even if the response is "I can't/won't give you a response") is Chief Szczerba.
 #3132  by dave_in_delaware

Wow. :shock:

I didn't know you guys were going through all of this mess for Wilmington. I had called the Wilmington Police last year (or maybe longer than that). I spoke w/ someone that went through the City code with me, and we found nothing prohibiting open carry in Wilmington. I was also told that the Wilmington Police basically get their "rules" from the AG's Office, so if they said OC was OK, then they'll agree.

I didn't get anything in writing at the time, but I did get the "OK" as far as the WPD goes. But this email trail you're getting is a good thing!

I haven't had any issues OCing in the great *cough!* city of Wilmington.
 #3133  by cappilot06

I remember you saying you had talked to someone and gotten the ok. I really, really, really, want to hear it straight from horses...ahem....cough...mouth so to speak...Chief Szczerba. I probably won't get that, but I would like an acknowledgment that they have to bow to state law on this issue. It doesn't matter if I do get a response, because he does have to abide by state law. Even if I'm arrested it will never hold up if I am lawfully OC'ing.

There really wasn't a problem with the WPD. It was really just in reference to my email last Thursday telling the WPD I was OC'ing to the Riverfront and wanting acknowledgment I wasn't going to get hauled away to the pokie.lol.

And don't worry, I have EVERY email I've written concerning OC hole-punched and in a 3-ring binder in case I need quick reference. :D
 #3136  by Wynder

Please do keep all of your emails -- I'd love to have the one from the paralegal with all of the headers (properly censored to keep you anonymous of course) to turn into PDF form. Even though he said that the AG's office doesn't put anything in writing, its common practice that writing an email is the same as writing it by hand.