Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #3212  by stephpd

I might be interested if you can hold off a couple of weeks. I have a retroactive pay check coming and wasn't sure what to get next. Love .45's! That's a full size gun right? 5" barrel and I'd guess more the the 10 my pt145 holds in the mag?

Then all the guys here would like me. ;)
 #3216  by dave_in_delaware

stephpd wrote:Then all the guys here would like me. ;)
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
XD What are you saying?? XD
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
 #3217  by mustangdave

It's the 4" service model. I have time, I haven't even got my background check done.
 #3234  by Mr Jody Hudson

Mustang Dave,
You do not NEED anything to sell the gun. However, if you do not know the person you could be selling to someone prohibited from owning and if they are busted you could end up in court for a few days and perhaps paying for an attorney. OR, if you sell to someone you know and they sell the gun and it is used in a crime and run through the criminal info computers the last legal transaction will be to you if you bought it from a gun shop or ffl holder. Then again, you may end up in court and paying for legal help.

I suggest that you at least get ID from the person you sell to and record date and ID data and keep forever in your personal file; OR transfer the gun via a ffl holder such as a gun shop. Some ffl holders charge more than others but usually $5 to $35 to do the paperwork is my experience.

Just a Heads UP... for thoughtful people...

Jody
 #3237  by stephpd

Dave and I were just shooting last Wednesday together. That and I got my CCDW last year so I should be good. It'll be interesting for the database check if we don't use an FFL. We can make some cheap looking bill of sales just in case the cops want to keep it. Then I can sue and get mo' money! ;)

I just need that fat check to come in. White collar union hasn't settled yet so they won't be as ambitious to do extra work. But I'm hoping to have it by the end of July.
 #3242  by Mr Jody Hudson

I don't understand???

I am speaking of protecting you in case the gun is ever, say twenty years from now or next month, used in a crime; so that you don't end up in court or lengthly accusatory questioning... of course if you bought the gun privately, then the questions go to the last person who bought the gun from an ffl holder perhaps.

If a gun is taken from a criminal by the police or if it is used in a crime and found by police; Usually the police computer check can only go from manufacturer to wholesaler to gun shop that sold it and then with a manual search of shops ffl files to find who the shop sold to. Then police interview person that shop sold to.

However, if the gun shop went out of business that sold the gun then the criminal computer folks input all of the shops files and all the buyers from that shop into the criminal info computers along with the gun data.

I too have sold guns privately, often to cops who want guns that are not easy to trace. Because they too are concerned that someday guns may be confiscated and they surely want to have some that have broken paper trails. I keep the records of the sales. I have some from the early 80s and a few from the early 70s. And the more recent ones too of course. Still, whenever I make a private sale, I am aware that someday if that gun winds up in police hands, they may come to see me. Over the years I may have owned well over a thousand guns; I had over 300 at one time but very few now and I used to constantly trade them; most of the time at gun shops but sometimes privately.

Gun Ownership Records become more computerized all the time; no matter that the law says they may not be; they are.
 #3245  by mustangdave

Thanks for the concerns, I won't ever sell a gun to anyone I don't know. I told that to myself since I've known private sales were legal in DE. I trust stephpd and would like to sell it to him. I know my friend would like to buy it, but I don't know he isn't a person prohibited so I'm not selling to him. I'll make up a bill of sale and get a witness to sign off on it, I'll have a copy and the buyer will have a copy, that's how it was done when I bought my HK.
 #3247  by stephpd

Mr Jody Hudson wrote:I don't understand???

I understand your concern about protecting yourself.

But go to the PAFOA site that is on the front page. Check out the open carry part of the forum. The thread with the most post is what to look at. The group over there have meet and greets much like we do. While at the Old Country Buffet in Dickson City someone called the cops. They showed up, harrassed the gun owners, stole their guns, ran them through the 'registry' and kept those guns that weren't 'owned' by the person carrying them.

The main person that they picked on and who's rights were violated is a FFL gun shop owner. His back up gun was confiscated because it wasn't in the 'registry'. This man (PaPatriot) knows the gun laws better then most everyone. And he knows his rights. Currently There are 5 law suits filed against the police. 2 are federal charges.

And the law abiding victims will win.

It's not just the LEO's and criminals that don't want guns traced back to them. Most everyone has reasons for keeping the government out of our business. Confiscation, almost always illegal, is high on everyones list. And the government just doesn't respect our rights.

Just read all the threads. Here and at PAFOA. Also check out the opencarry.org site:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/

Guns are being stolen from the law abiding citizens ever week. By the police. Politicians are also guilty but in a much larger scale. They don't trust us and don't like us carrying or even owning guns. Especially open carry. Leo's think that only they have that right.

The guns I do own don't have the holster available to even open carry with retention. They are designed for concealed carry and that all you can find in holsters. This purchase is more for our meetings, since it's an open carry meeting, and have the retention capability.

Knowing that we will eventually be harassed by LEO's at one of these events, and that the gun will show up in the 'registry' as belonging to someone else, almost guarantees that the police will violate my rights and steal my gun.

This whole thing is about reducing the illegal practices that the police are involved in. Read cappilots open carry log and see where his instructor, an active duty police officer is totally against open carry by citizens. And the lengths that he will go to, including killing someone just for exercising their rights.

And he knows open carry is legal. :poed: