Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #3213  by Wynder

So, I came across an article about a company that was pushing for the Department of Homeland Security to adopt a special kind of bracelet that would essential replace a boarding pass by using some kind of RFID technology to quickly identify the passenger, immediately be able to locate the person and his/her luggage and, lastly, have the ability to shock the wearer on command, completely immobilizing them for several mintutes. WTF? And a senior official at DHS is actually 'greatly interested' in the technology.

So, I decided to go to the webpage of the manufacturer who's peddling these little gems and found out that they're a Firearms Training Systems company.... in Canada (you can see where this is going, right?).

In any case, they're called Lampers Less Lethal and they apparently specialize in Less-THAN-Lethal items... But they call them "Less Lethal". Isn't that a misnomer? How can something be LESS Lethal. Lethal is rather... well, lethal. (Maybe it only makes them mostly dead?)

In any case, check out this video:

http://www.lamperdlesslethal.com/video_ ... flv&title=

Take notice that, after the cheesy introduction, the representative begins by give you a visual inspection of the weapon. He does this by first showing you the grip of the weapon.... BY POINTING IT AT HIS OWN CHEST..... LOADED.

WTF, like I am going to trust ANYTHING he has to say after this?

:censored:
 #3215  by stephpd

Can we get that implanted under the skin?
Mark of the beast?
666?

I'll pass!

I don't like shock collars on dogs, let alone wearing something that will give somebody else control of my body.
 #3218  by dave_in_delaware

Wow. Pointing a loaded gun at your own chest. And after seeing the results on the clay body, I don't think that's a good idea. But, he does have a "Security" patch on his jacket - that makes him an expert!

This is funny: the definition of "lethal":

1 a: of, relating to, or causing death, b: capable of causing death
2: gravely damaging or destructive : devastating
3: very potent or effective, also : having a high alcohol content

Rob, you have your answer!