Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.

What's your cant angle?

forward - a lot
13%
forward - a little
47%
neutral (straight)
33%
rearward - a little
7%
rearward - a lot
No votes
0%
 #3254  by dave_in_delaware

Seeing as how gun and holster selection is absolutely a personal decision, HOW we wear our holsters is also a choice that we can only make ourselves to suit ourselves.... So many factors go into this decision as to what works perfectly for us to be able to draw as quickly as we can...

So, how do you wear your gun/holster for the best draw? Do you wear it with a forward cant? Rearward cant? No cant at all? Let's see how diverse this group is!

Also, if you use a different cant based on OC vs. CC, you can choose more than one option. And let us know your reasoning, too.

Thanks for playing....

As for me, I prefer:

for OC: a rearward cant worn at 2:30 (not ON my hip bone), just because it's more comfortable and seems to be a faster natural draw.

for CC: a forward cant worn at 2:00, so I can "hide" the gun better (between my love handle and gut), to get the grip away from the "edge" of my body.
 #3265  by myopicvisionary

Moderate forward cant. Most comfortable when seated and still allowing a smooth draw while seated. A fast draw when standing too!
 #3266  by Wynder

I'd think that, with a Glock-angled grip an forward cant would be manageable; however, with the 1911 angled grip, it just feels very unnatural for me to draw from anything except neutral.
 #3267  by stephpd

Don't have a holster for OWB. IWB is FBI forward cant 4 O'clock position . Conceals gun well under the love handles. I'm even still able to draw from the weak hand, behind the back, in case the right hand gets injured. Smart carry is a no cant and held at 12:30 postion. I don't know how to describe vest carry. The gun sits just under the left breast, barrel pointing backwards and slightly downwards.
It all depends on what I'm wearing and doing. ;)

Hey! Who changes the smilies?
 #3269  by Wynder

stephpd wrote:Hey! Who changes the smilies?
I just added one: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 #3272  by dave_in_delaware

Wynder wrote:I just added one: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
That'll be a good one for discussing Delaware laws, politicians, dumb criminals, and my Ex-wife. LMAO....
 #3284  by stephpd

I thought I saw the banana dancing too. :pbjtime:
Never noticed that before.
The happy faces moved down a row too.
 #3287  by LordJim

I'm neutral now at 3 o'clock, but thinking of moving to a yet undecided cant at 5 o'clock. I've been wearing at 5 recently and find it a lot nicer than 3.

-
Jim