Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.

Would you join a milita unit if there were one close to you?

Sure! So long as the unit understood that my family's safety comes first.
23%
I'd want to make sure they aren't just a bunch of anarchists first, but sure.
54%
No way, that scares me! That's for radicals, isn't the National Guard the militia?
No votes
0%
I think I'm too old for the militia, but if the group was one with a good purpose I'd help out somehow.
15%
I just don't feel comfortable with it. (Please explain).
No votes
0%
Heck, I'm way ahead of you, already in a unit! (Tell us more!)
8%
 #30125  by myopicvisionary

TITLE 20 Military and Civil Defense
CHAPTER 3. STATE DEFENSE FORCES
§ 301. Establishment and composition.

(a) The Governor may organize such military forces within this State in addition to the Delaware National Guard as the Governor deems necessary for the defense of this State. Such forces shall be distinct from the Delaware National Guard and shall be known as the Delaware State Defense Forces. Such military forces shall be uniformed and comprised of officers and enlisted personnel who shall be citizens of this State who shall volunteer for such service.

(b) The Delaware State Defense Forces shall not be called into active state service unless the Delaware National Guard or a part thereof has been called into active federal service.

(c) The Governor may organize a command staff for the Delaware State Defense Forces which staff shall develop plans for mobilization of said force.

(d) The command staff of the Delaware State Defense Forces may maintain lists of volunteers for service in such forces and develop an organizational structure for such forces when called to active service.

(e) Nothing contained herein shall prohibit the Delaware State Defense Forces from meeting on a voluntary basis at no cost to the State when not in active service.

43 Del. Laws, c. 81, § 1; 20 Del. C. 1953, § 301; 64 Del. Laws, c. 258, § 1; 70 Del. Laws, c. 186, § 1.;
§ 302. Rules and regulations prescribed by Governor.

(a) The Governor may prescribe rules and regulations for the administration, organization, equipment, training, discipline and maintenance of the Delaware State Defense Forces.
 #30129  by Boots

Many years ago I had a broadcasting third phone, and my CB call was KDN7276 (not saying that I used it very often :lol: ).

Translation for myopicvisionary:
Many years ago I had a broadcasting third phone, and my CB call was KDN7276 (not saying that I used it very often :lol: ).

;)
 #30132  by Godasmypilot

JaegerMatthias wrote:I was going to vote in the poll, but I'm already in a militia. Didn't think to put that option in, Tom?
There you go, a choice just for you Matt! Please vote again everyone! Thanks!
 #30151  by LordJim

So call it the Delaware Safety Corp or some other name that is PC and friendly...be selective with membership/run background checks,etc. Assign ranks based on life experience and skillset. Talk to the Governor for support, and give him the authority to mobilize the "Corp" as needed (like during the storm), that way it's official and you might get some funding, or at least resources. You might get some retired or even active guardsmen this way, and they will bring a lot to the table. Get tied in with CERT and they will offer training. And with it being non-profit, you could probably get volunteers to train in CPR etc.
<hint>This sounds a lot like a search and rescue team.</hint>
 #30153  by Boots

Is an 'unorganized' milita something you would belong to?
The more unorganized the better... but, actually, I would never join any group that would have me as a member.

;)
 #30158  by stephpd

Boots wrote:
The more unorganized the better... but, actually, I would never join any group that would have me as a member.

;)

Uh, your here aren't you? :shock:
:) :) :)
 #30167  by Boots

stephpd wrote:
Boots wrote:

;)
Uh, your here aren't you? :shock:
:) :) :)
Shush! :shock:

But, this isn't me... my account was hijacked!