Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New gun laws proposed
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 5:44 pm 

I recently heard that there are either two or three new gun laws currently in the Delaware Senate. From what I understand they already passed in the house and are being reviewed right now. One is in regards to requiring Delaware residents to secure their firearms with a trigger lock, Etc and the other is another attempt at a high capacity magazine ban. I'm not sure of the content for the Third proposal. Just wondering if anyone has any information that could shed additional light on this?

Post subject: Re: New gun laws proposed
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:55 am 

http://www.deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11672

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:15 am 
Founding Member

1 Bill passed the house HB63 (safe storage). It went to the Senate and was amended. So it need to go back to the House.

3 Senate Bills were introduced on 10 April. SB68, SB69, & SB70. SB69 has been replaced by SB82. Will not know for sure until Monday (good word has it) they will be placed on the agenda for 8 May. Now is the time to go to Legislative Hall and show you are against them. These deal with: ID card to purchase & creates a REGISTRY database. Magazine limit (ban). And an AWB WITH REGISTRY database.

Here is audio of BT in the Rick Jensen show TRYING to defend them
http://wdel.streamon.fm/listen-pl-3759?smc=6

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:29 am 
Founding Member

Here is a link to sign AGAINST the bill. Please take 2 minutes to sign it. All it asks for is your name & email addy.

Takes 2 minutes or less. https://www.esigngenie.com/esign/onlineforms/fillOnlineForm?encformnumber=k%2BBlZKPhFKKa5H0kjglrAA%3D%3D&type=link&fbclid=IwAR3yFO16uMW5js6WCQDiwgKorUmKoFbsDiX1K3GqNSQp_5Ji4H9VZv4RZfc

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:54 pm 

Looks as if the 3 proposed bills won’t make it out of committee for a full vote.

https://delawarestatenews.net/governmen ... committee/

Strong negative public sentiment played a role....

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:08 am 
Founding Member

Well now there's SS1 for SB68.

We MUST keep up the pressure!
To those who emailed, called, and visited with their elected officials - THANK YOU!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:23 pm 

radnor wrote:
Well now there's SS1 for SB68.

We MUST keep up the pressure!
To those who emailed, called, and visited with their elected officials - THANK YOU!

What the .... heck!? :o SS1 is the same as SB68 Semi-auto ban.

I don't understand why Townsend would just try a redo a day later. :roll: He's deluded if he thinks anything has changed since the 8th. This guy needs to be out of office. :poed:

EDIT: We need to just forward him all the previous emails!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:19 pm 

He's my senator, don't bother. He will not even talk to me any longer.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 am 
Founding Member

Owen wrote:
I don't understand why Townsend would just try a redo a day later. :roll: He's deluded if he thinks anything has changed since the 8th. This guy needs to be out of office. :poed:

Last election I donated $100 to his opponent. The SAD thing is I do not believe Dan had any help (or much help) with boots on the ground. I did help with Erin's campaign with lit drops etc. She's not in my district either. Sadly, Larry "magazine ban" Mitchell is....

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 am 

As did I and then never heard a word from the campaign, which was evidently totally run from Failbook. Not even a door knock in my neighborhood.