Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #109817  by adrianspeeder

Trip 132, Summer 2016, Afghanistan

201 - New trip and after spending a dreary day in Germany, let’s get out of here and head to the desert.

202 – Positive rate. Gear up.

203 – Pilot hero shot.

204 - Clear right.

205 – Copilot hero shot.

206 - Getting paid to watch the world roll by staring out a window.

207 - Sandbox stop was a bit toasty on the temperature.

208 - Getting paid to watch that fuel roll by.

209 - Next stop with a kickass crew rest seeing friends after a very long time. It’s a small Air Force world.

210 - Three days off in Germany? I’m getting a rental car. Who wants to go to Paris?

211 - Hammer down big time in the rental car rig. Only got one speeding ticket.

212 - Notre Dame de Paris.

213 - Full tourist mode. The line was ridiculous long in length, so let’s press on to find beer and food.

214 - Something or other historic statue that prolly is important. Look! Over there is beer!

215 - 1664 was what I drank for three months in Thumrate Oman a few years ago, so good to see it again. This place made a mean well done steak.

216 “Donny, do you know French?”
“No.”
“Well let’s ride the train ‘till we see the tall pointy thing.”

217/220 - For those that know me, it’s a rare event that I’m speechless. Stepping out of the station, and seeing the Tower in person was one of those times. Roll film!

Last edited by adrianspeeder on Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #109842  by adrianspeeder

221/233 - For those that know me, it’s a rare event that I’m speechless. Stepping out of the station, and seeing the Tower in person was one of those times. Roll film!

234 Full moon tonight.

235 Train system ran on rubber tires.

236 Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile

237 It’s a lot bigger than you think.

238 – Hi friends.

239/240 – I don’t speak French

Last edited by adrianspeeder on Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #109846  by dave_in_delaware

That's awesome. Glad you got to see it up close and personal!
 #109869  by adrianspeeder

241/244 - Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile

245 - ‘Bout that time to find something to eat.

246 - I’ve never taken French, but I knew that was cheese.

247 - Fancy place didn’t like the Hooters hat. Also, forgot my glasses.

248 - No Coors Lite? Well, I guess I’ll drive home. Ya’ll drink this stuff.

249 - Delicious.

250 - Now where did we park that car?

251 Back to work the next day, but we keep the Alcoholics Moving Cargo tradition alive.

252/253 - Every day is a great day to fly.

254 - Punch it Chewy.

255 - I can’t remember who took this, but it made me look cool.

Last edited by adrianspeeder on Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #109870  by pick_six

Did you happen to get a picture at the restaurant on the deck of the tower?

A long LONG time ago, an extremely underage kid got served his first bottle of wine there, while having a tourist lunch. I don't remember much of the time spent in Europe, but that first serving of wine on the tower is one of the more vivid memories.

Keep the great pics coming! Thanks!
 #109876  by Jonnybow

Awesome pictures brother.
I'm surprised you don't get briefed to try not to stick out like a GI in Europe, I mean with the GI boots and such.......I've flown round the globe a few times, always tried to not be touristy and I managed to stay alive. My hopes are the same for you in this crazy time.
 #109879  by adrianspeeder

Jonnybow wrote:Awesome pictures brother.
I'm surprised you don't get briefed to try not to stick out like a GI in Europe, I mean with the GI boots and such.......I've flown round the globe a few times, always tried to not be touristy and I managed to stay alive. My hopes are the same for you in this crazy time.
Valid point, but we stick out anyway no matter the shoes, and never go around without a small group.

Adrianspeeder