Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #434  by myopicvisionary

"It is my fear that frequent and widespread open carry would provoke one or more well meaning legislators to attempt to enact legislation to regulate(ban) open carry."
So, to protect this right from being banned, we should refrain fron exercising it?
 #438  by stephpd

Wow, if that's whats representing us as a lobbyist we're screwed. Sounds like someone who spends to much times with politicians and no time in court. Am I the only one who thinks the attitude of this guy is so far from us? Couldn't get a simple shall issue law passed and no time to even think of open carry. Needs to learn to spread the grease a little thicker or find another job.

I got the names of several lawyers from the yellow pages.they had to have at least a half page add and list;trial lawyer,felonies,murder. What I was looking for was someone who spends time as a criminal lawyer, defense attorney. Someone who has no problem representing real criminals, felons and murderers. If we use a gun and are arrested thats where we'll be.

So here are the names and numbers of the lawyers I keep in my wallet. I've never called or talked to any of these people so take it for what it's worth. If nothing else they can help get bail posted and direct you to a better ($) lawyer.

Francis Farren 353-4334

L Arlen Mekler 498- 5297(office) 762-8498(home)

Michael Heyden 654-0789

John Deckers 656-9850
 #559  by Jeff the Baptist

What boggles my mind is that he thinks the legislation can regulate where people can and cannot carry when there's state preemption prohibiting it.
Why does it boggle your mind? The state preemption only applies to localities. The state hasn't preempted statewide legislation on the subject, which is probably what he's afraid of.
Couldn't get a simple shall issue law passed and no time to even think of open carry. Needs to learn to spread the grease a little thicker or find another job.
Do you realize that we have statewide preemption and a state constitutional amendment protecting our gun rights because of the organization this guy heads? He may very well have had a hand in it. The only reason people are even addressing concealed carry reform in a state politically dominated by Democrats are people like this guy.
 #560  by Wynder

Do you realize that we have statewide preemption and a state constitutional amendment protecting our gun rights because of the organization this guy heads? He may very well have had a hand in it. The only reason people are even addressing concealed carry reform in a state politically dominated by Democrats are people like this guy.
Let's not make leaps that aren't based in fact nor elevate a person to a different status because of their actions. What he may or may have not done then is going to be no less nor greater than what people like us are doing now: continuing that fight.

I find it hypocritical that a man who may have had a hand in fighting for firearms rights and makes his living defending others from prosecution does not support someone's right to bear arms in a manner of their choosing. I'd think this of any advocate who took the 'go along to get along' position. Sure, it's his choice, just as my opinion of his decision is only valid for me, but his previous contributions don't make him immune to criticisms.