Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #94757  by harr2969

Based on his reasoning, it sounds like if we can bring up some safety issues where a gun would have helped protect or make safer, he may be open to approving it.

Also, let's get more people to write and explain why this is a constitutional issue. By "code" only he has the power granted to rectify this. (We should take this up with the legislature, just like the state parks rule)

Who can scour the internet and find some crime that occurs on the lands in question? (is it all de rec or wildlife areas?) Let's help give him the justification for allowing it.

And what's his address / phone / email?
 #94759  by Boots

Delaware State Constitution, Article I, §20 wrote:A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.
Sounds pretty clear to me.

He says he wants to be notified of anything that could compromise my safety during my visit. I think that denying my Constitutional right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self and family definitely compromises my safety while at DE State parks.

I treat DE State Parks the same way I treat the Peoples' Republics of MD and NJ. As a matter of fact, I no longer buy the yearly State Parks decal for my car because I no longer go to the parks.

Having to first secure my gun in my home safe and then surrender my Right as a DE citizen before visiting a State Park makes no sense. It's legal in DE to OC in public for personal protection but not in a State Park?

Perhaps the next time someone sees a 'certified law enforcement officer' in a State Park, ask to see the 'prior written approval of the Director' that exempts them from the law.
 #94764  by spillanej

harr2969 wrote:Based on his reasoning, it sounds like if we can bring up some safety issues where a gun would have helped protect or make safer, he may be open to approving it.

Also, let's get more people to write and explain why this is a constitutional issue. By "code" only he has the power granted to rectify this. (We should take this up with the legislature, just like the state parks rule)

Who can scour the internet and find some crime that occurs on the lands in question? (is it all de rec or wildlife areas?) Let's help give him the justification for allowing it.

And what's his address / phone / email?
I'm on it in 10 hours... goodnight for now but I can usually go back 100 years in an hour or so.
 #94766  by Kuntryboy816

I'll do a little searching as time allows.

One good example: a few years ago there were 2 hunters who got into an altercation over a hunting spot/treestand. The 2nd guy shot the first guy over it. I don't remember if it was in DE or in a border state. I definitely want to find that article!
 #94767  by bmel17

it's funny that chief enforcement officer job has been openly posted for like 2 months prior to this letter. I wonder if it was the empty chair replying to him or a brand new guy in training that doesn't know jack responding?
 #94769  by Cbmarine

Kuntryboy816 wrote:I'll do a little searching as time allows.

One good example: a few years ago there were 2 hunters who got into an altercation over a hunting spot/treestand. The 2nd guy shot the first guy over it. I don't remember if it was in DE or in a border state. I definitely want to find that article!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_Vang