Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #87478  by keltik31

I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I get kind of annoyed by personal attacks and things of that nature. I am always willing to listen to everyone's point of view on any issue and I get frustrated when I am not given the same respect and courtesy.

The conversation yesterday was about when you can use deadly force. And my take on the law as it is written is that you cannot use deadly force to protect your property. Life? Yes. The life of a relative or a stranger? Yes. But not to keep your car from being stolen.

At the request of Rob, I changed the name of my new page. Rob wasn't a d**k about it, so I chose not to be one either.

I welcome anyone to my page who wants to express any idea of views about guns, even if they are 100% against citizens owning any firearm at all.
Last edited by keltik31 on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #87479  by keltik31

And for the record, I am not from New York. I have been a resident of Delaware since 1989. I graduated from high school in Delaware and attended Delaware Tech AND Wilmington U. I think it is a great place to live and work. I have been out of Delaware for nearly three years on assignment with the Army. But I look forward to coming back.
 #87593  by dave_in_delaware

keltik31 wrote:I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I get kind of annoyed by personal attacks and things of that nature. I am always willing to listen to everyone's point of view on any issue and I get frustrated when I am not given the same respect and courtesy.
Apology accepted. I understand why you were upset. But it wasn't personal or anything you did (initially) to make the post "marked" for deletion. I believe it all came later after some misinformation was posted (not your doing) and then name calling due to the choice of group name.
keltik31 wrote:At the request of Rob, I changed the name of my new page. Rob wasn't a d**k about it, so I chose not to be one either.
Thank you for changing the name. I like the new name a lot.

Now, all is well in the world. Thanks to all involved for a smooth solution to the problem.
 #87633  by Maintenance Guy

sounds to me like the far left might be trying to dig in and change our way of thinking or get our ideas to have something to work on. :sparring:
 #105921  by dflat57

I decided to "like" the Facebook page yesterday. Logged on today and noticed I can't see the page anymore. Do you guys have a policy of blocking new followers??