Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #105896  by pick_six

Viper, if you don't mind a question...

When you do a sale of a firearm, and you have 4473 in hand, does it go directly to the feds? Or does the state get a copy first? Or in addition?

***edit: I meant to ask if it is federal (fib?atf?other) or state agency you call. I understand some states funnnel all requests through a state middleman and some go straight to .Fed.
Last edited by pick_six on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #105897  by steve

He is supposed to maintain without sending to the government. The real question should be do they make copies when they come and inspect?
 #105898  by NCC

A friend of mine had an FFL and when he decided he was done with it he had to send all his paperwork to Washington, D.C.
 #105899  by 2xTony

I always thought each ffl was responsible for keeping the records so the government didnt have to but it was always there in case they wanted to take a look.
 #105902  by TexasJay

2xTony wrote:I always thought each ffl was responsible for keeping the records so the government didnt have to but it was always there in case they wanted to take a look.
This^^^
 #105904  by viper98

thank you for your question.....
forms are not sent out to state or federal organizations....forms are kept in a vault and must be kept for atleast 20 years...if and when an ffl gives up his or her license those forms have to be turned in..

Here in Delaware we call the feds for nics transactions. advantage is no fees...
surrounding states maryland,PA and NJ you go through state police....that's why there are additional charges....Extra forms is because in those states you have registration for hand guns.... :x
 #105907  by brich2929

Thanks for the clarification, Viper!

:sparring:
 #105912  by pick_six

thanks for the information! i appreciate the response!
viper98 wrote:thank you for your question.....
forms are not sent out to state or federal organizations....forms are kept in a vault and must be kept for atleast 20 years...if and when an ffl gives up his or her license those forms have to be turned in..

Here in Delaware we call the feds for nics transactions. advantage is no fees...
surrounding states maryland,PA and NJ you go through state police....that's why there are additional charges....Extra forms is because in those states you have registration for hand guns.... :x