Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #88288  by Owen

I'd call 911 before I even talk to a non-uniformed officer in an unmarked car. You can buy all those lights on the internet.

If it was a uniformed officer in an unmarked car that is a little easier to accept but I think I'd still call and get the "badge number" from the guy in the unmarked car. There are lots of cases of people impersonating police.
 #88311  by Oktane

stephpd wrote:MIB!
I've also seen where WPD using vehicles they impounded that in no way look like a POS. Again with dark tinted windows, PA stickers and nice rims.
The gun enforcement unit for Wilmington uses any and all impound vehicles for their detectives. They would not pull anyone over for a moving violation.
 #88403  by phlydude

I had a knucklehead with NY tags on the NJTP in a crown Vic try to light me up...I kept rolling @ 90MPH and called the NJSP...despite being 15 miles or so from the bridge, there were no police able to intercept. He didn't pull that s--- once we got on the bridge...I was waiting and was ready to call the DSP if he did.

If you are getting pulled over by a car with out-of-state plates, I wouldn't stop but I would call 911

There is a silver Tahoe that lit me up on 95 one morning but I think he was county police. Once I moved right (which I was doing anyway) the lights went off, he paced me and then sped off (I assume once the plates came back clear).
 #89401  by olllloJeepin

Tate wrote:I know they have 2 unmarked cars in Felton, a unmarked blue car in Harrington, and a Unmarked Maroon car in Dover.
There are now 3 unmarked cars in Harrington, an all white charger and an all black one, as well as a blue chevy tahoe with blacked out glass
 #109432  by aries042

I know this post is old but I had to reply in West Palm Fl. they drive around in black & white Lamborghini with light bars, when I saw that I thought I was hallucinating then I started laughing over it. :o :lol:
 #109434  by GatorDude

:pointlaugh: That is hysterical!
aries042 wrote:I know this post is old but I had to reply in West Palm Fl. they drive around in black & white Lamborghini with light bars, when I saw that I thought I was hallucinating then I started laughing over it. :o :lol:
 #109436  by whatevah

Just saw a stealth unmarked car in Elsmere... 2017 Ford Escape (I think) still with paper t-tags, interior lights and the "sleath" side graphics (reflective, but same color decals as the paint). Sneaky sneaky...
 #109555  by SCUBA9097

That's one of our new units. We are slowly replacing out the aging fleet and the new police package SUVs are (supposedly) more economic on fuel.