Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #88251  by WPCatfish

stephpd wrote:Another unusual unmarked car is a sports car the DSP is using now. Little 2 door thing.

A few years back we were up in Rhode Island. RISP has a marked Corvette. By the time even that car is up to speed, your perp is in Massachusetts.
 #88255  by WVisHome

stephpd wrote:MIB!

I had one follow me all the way home from a road block I avoided in Wilmington. All black pickup truck with dark tinted windows and a PA inspection stickers on the windshield. Never stopped me or flash the lights. (If he had any)

Another unusual unmarked car is a sports car the DSP is using now. Little 2 door thing. (cop looked like he used a shoehorn to fit into the car) Not sure of make and model but I've seen it pulling over cars around Harvey Rd multiple times recently. Only hint is the lights in the grill and out the back window when pulling someone over.

I've also seen where WPD using vehicles they impounded that in no way look like a POS. Again with dark tinted windows, PA stickers and nice rims.
Finally, someone else from Claymont! lol

Where at on Harvey and what color was it?
 #88256  by stephpd

WVisHome wrote:

I had one follow me all the way home from a road block I avoided in Wilmington. All black pickup truck with dark tinted windows and a PA inspection stickers on the windshield. Never stopped me or flash the lights. (If he had any)

Another unusual unmarked car is a sports car the DSP is using now. Little 2 door thing. (cop looked like he used a shoehorn to fit into the car) Not sure of make and model but I've seen it pulling over cars around Harvey Rd multiple times recently. Only hint is the lights in the grill and out the back window when pulling someone over.

I've also seen where WPD using vehicles they impounded that in no way look like a POS. Again with dark tinted windows, PA stickers and nice rims.
Finally, someone else from Claymont! lol

Where at on Harvey and what color was it?
Right near I-95, both times around Radnor Green. It's kinda a grey/ blue color. I've seen it on I-95 once also. I'm guessing it's out of Troop 1.

As far as folks from in and around Claymont we represent quite well on this forum. There's at least two to three other active members. The pool party next month being at my house too.

WPCatfish wrote: A few years back we were up in Rhode Island. RISP has a marked Corvette. By the time even that car is up to speed, your perp is in Massachusetts.
Back in the late 70's the CHIP's around LA had Camaro's with superchargers. Marked cars though, black and whites.
Last edited by stephpd on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #88257  by WVisHome

stephpd wrote:
Right near I-95, both times around Radnor Green. It's kinda a grey/ blue color. I've seen it on I-95 once also. I'm guessing it's out of Troop 1.

As far as folks from in and around Claymont we represent quite well on this forum. There's at least two to three other active members. The pool party next month being at my house too.
Thanks.

Sweet. I'm a few blocks away from Wawa.
 #88258  by bmel17

WPCatfish wrote:
stephpd wrote:Another unusual unmarked car is a sports car the DSP is using now. Little 2 door thing.

A few years back we were up in Rhode Island. RISP has a marked Corvette. By the time even that car is up to speed, your perp is in Massachusetts.
I remember some kind of corvette at troop 2 that wasn't used for regular police activities. I think it was yellow. Ring a bell for anyone else?
 #88261  by stephpd

bmel17 wrote:
WPCatfish wrote:

I remember some kind of corvette at troop 2 that wasn't used for regular police activities. I think it was yellow. Ring a bell for anyone else?
:pointlaugh: No,but that does bring back a memory of them having a VW bug with a large campaign hat on top. :oops:
 #88263  by astro_wanabe

stephpd wrote: :pointlaugh: No,but that does bring back a memory of them having a VW bug with a large campaign hat on top. :oops:
They still had it at their museum the last time I was by there.
 #88264  by TexasJay

This is a firefighter/EMT who uses his personal vehicle to respond to calls. I have them in mine where I used to live in a rural area when I volunteered for a service we couldn't staff a medic 24/7. I still have them in my car for when I roll up onto a crash and no one is on scene yet. It marks the scene for responding units and makes you more visible for oncoming traffic. Its a safety thing.
 #88278  by spillanej

Dr. Eastwood wrote:
Kuntryboy816 wrote:What about any regulations on their vehicles having DE tags? I saw a LEO yesterday driving a Charger(?) with full light bars in the back windshield, PC setup and all but he had Illinois tags!! :?
If you're being pulled over by a vehicle with Illinois tags in Delaware, contact 911 and refuse to roll down the window for them when you come to a stop in a well lit public area. The same goes for any other unmarked vehicle you're unsure that attempts to make a stop.
Dsp seems to be using personal vehicles now but still good advice. Ask for dsp to respond regardless of where you are though...