Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #95105  by scampbell3

KeenToSetWildfires wrote:This is Matt from Laurel looking for people to carry with this week!!! Also, can you carry a handgun under the age of 21? I own one through inheritance but thought federal law prevented people under 21 from possessing handguns? Anyway, I'll carry a long gun regardless and want to get together with some others this week to open carry.
The Federal law that you are referring to only prevents people under the age of 21 from purchasing a handgun from a FFL dealer. It does not make possession illegal if you are under 21. In Delaware you can apply for the DE CCDW at the age of 18. I suggest that you research the DE code and the Federal GCA for further information.

Chip
 #95172  by c5crewchief2003

Hi everyone. My name is Wesley. I just sent in my paperwork for my Florida concealed carry permit, and wrote the letter I read about on here to Chief Hosfelt so I can open carry in Dover. I am adtive duty Air Force, and currently live in Felton. I have open carried a few times in Wilmington, due to all the bad stuff I hear about happening up there. I think this site is awesome. I have learned so much from reading the forums and stuff. Right now, the only handgun I own is a Hi-Point 9mm. I hope to acquire more in the near future. Keep up the good work on the site guys....it rocks :D :D :D
 #95174  by Kuntryboy816

c5crewchief2003 wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Wesley. I just sent in my paperwork for my Florida concealed carry permit, and wrote the letter I read about on here to Chief Hosfelt so I can open carry in Dover. I am adtive duty Air Force, and currently live in Felton. I have open carried a few times in Wilmington, due to all the bad stuff I hear about happening up there. I think this site is awesome. I have learned so much from reading the forums and stuff. Right now, the only handgun I own is a Hi-Point 9mm. I hope to acquire more in the near future. Keep up the good work on the site guys....it rocks :D :D :D
Thank you for your service sir and welcome to the forum. There are monthly meetings for both northern DE and Southern DE. Since you're kinda smack-dab in the middle of it all you could go to either one or even both. It's a great way to meet fellow OC'ers.
 #95177  by adrianspeeder

c5crewchief2003 wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Wesley. I just sent in my paperwork for my Florida concealed carry permit, and wrote the letter I read about on here to Chief Hosfelt so I can open carry in Dover. I am adtive duty Air Force, and currently live in Felton. I have open carried a few times in Wilmington, due to all the bad stuff I hear about happening up there. I think this site is awesome. I have learned so much from reading the forums and stuff. Right now, the only handgun I own is a Hi-Point 9mm. I hope to acquire more in the near future. Keep up the good work on the site guys....it rocks :D :D :D
Howdy and welcome. AMXS or MXS? I'm a 736th afin and fcc guy.

Adrianspeeder
 #95178  by adrianspeeder

adrianspeeder wrote:

I like hi points. A lot of people hate on 'em, but works fine fer me.

Adrianspeeder
 #95180  by c5crewchief2003

Adrianspeeder
I am AMXS. I work in CTK right now. Yeah I love my little Hi-Point. A friend of mine gave it to me probably 3-4 yrs ago. I havent put a lot of rounds through it but so far, I haven't been disappointed.
Last edited by c5crewchief2003 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #95181  by c5crewchief2003

[/quote]Thank you for your service sir and welcome to the forum. There are monthly meetings for both northern DE and Southern DE. Since you're kinda smack-dab in the middle of it all you could go to either one or even both. It's a great way to meet fellow OC'ers.[/quote]

Thanks man. I have been exploring this site the last few days and have found a LOT of useful information. I hope to be able to attend some of the meetings. My fiancee is even wanting to get a handgun as well. Hopefully I will run into you at one of the meetings soon :)
 #95195  by SasquatchAF

Welcome to DELOC. Adrian Speeder already beat me to the punch with the Hipoint since he has one of his own code named "The War Hammer".

Interesting to have a C5 guy on here. I was a C5 Crew Chief up until a couple years ago when I got non vol'd to the dark side with winglets along side Speeder!!!

If you take after Speeder with the Hi Point, dont follow his footsteps with Kimber. The infamous Viper may bite you for that one!!!! :sparring:
 #95201  by frankdawsonjr

Welcome Wesley! good to see another felton area Member here!!

Frank