Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #110778  by Kuntryboy816

Doctor wrote:I was in healthcare for 32+ years, but am now happily retired. My wife and I are the ‘victims’ of two home-invasion attempts (we reside in Sussex County). Upon advice of the Delaware State Police, we purchased a handgun (and then two more). Our first one is a Taurus Judge revolver .410/.45LongCol/45Schofieldt. Hers is a S&W Lady Smith polished stainless steel revolver .38 caliber; and mine is a S&W 460V Magnum polished stainless steel revolver .460 S&W Magnum/.45LongColt/.454Casull/.45Schofield. The Taurus Judge is sizable, the Lady Smith is light, and easy for her to handle, and the 460V is simply a ‘hand-cannon’. These guns are for home-defense first, and personal-protection second.
Welcome to the fourm! Glad that you and the wife are taking care of business and protecting yourselves but it sux that your home was violated. Keep up the due diligence and carry on. I know that you stated that y'all reside in Sussex but if y'all get a chance to make it to one of monthly meetings, we'd love to have ya! It's always good to meet new people!
 #110780  by Owen

Welcome to Deloc!
 #110783  by Doctor

Thank you one and all for the warm welcome.
Pick-six—you’re correct about the training with the guns. I’m familiar with firearms (Navy vet), but my wife isn’t as much. So, we’re going to take classes (me—refresher, and her—semi-newby). As for the VAMC—I’m there twice per year as a patient, no problems-yet . . .
Kuntryboy816—on both occasions, the bad guys didn’t get in, so all in all, it could’ve been a lot worse. We’d like to be as active as we can, but right now, my wife is in post-op mode following craniotomy revision surgery, so we’re obviously taking it slowly for the time being. However, once she’s fully recovered, then we be active. I do have a question, tho’—are most of the members located in New Castle County? How many are in Kent, and/or Sussex counties. We want to attend the gatherings after she’s recovered, and Kent County would seem to be a good compromise (hint, hint, hint . . .)
Again, we thank all of you for the warm reception, and look forward to meeting everyone, and the opportunity to put faces with names. Until then, Warmest personal regards!!!
 #110784  by Sodbuster

The vast majority of members are upstate. There were downstate meetings for a while, but they ended due to lack of participation. At this time, the only regular downstate event is the yearly picnic at my place in June.

That being said, any time you would like to get together, contact me. The better half and I don't need much of a reason to go out.
 #110785  by airman1968

Hey Owen welcome , I to am in Sussex county, Milford. I haven't made a meeting either do to the fact most are up north. I understand that most of the members are up that way so thats OK. At some point I"ll get there. Enjoy the site.
 #110789  by Kuntryboy816

Sodbuster wrote:The vast majority of members are upstate. There were downstate meetings for a while, but they ended due to lack of participation. At this time, the only regular downstate event is the yearly picnic at my place in June.

That being said, any time you would like to get together, contact me. The better half and I don't need much of a reason to go out.
Yep, what Sodbuster said. I enjoyed going to the downstate meetings but I may have been the only one traveling south for them. While I also need very little reason to go out, I may need a couple days notice to head south but I'm never opposed to it! As a matter of fact, it's been way to long since I've seen the Sodbusters and it's high time to rectify this! 8-)
 #110861  by Doctor

To nj2del--my wife (of 47 years . . .) and I live between Lewes and Rehoboth (in the county), and I open-carry quite abit. Keep in mind that the 5-pound "hand-cannon" (S&W 460V polished stainless steel with (now) black-walnut grips) I'm carrying around ain't all that easy to hide . . . Thx.
 #111051  by JimmyTJ

Happy Sunday DELOC members. I've lurked here for a few years but finally joined up. I live in northern NCC and have been carrying for a few years. Never really got into OC, once or twice here and there but its never been my thing. Hopefully I can contribute a little knowledge here and there when I can, and help lend a hand in the anti-2a fight that has squarely landed in our lap here in DE.

Jim.
 #111054  by pick_six

Welcome.

And to quote a great american, from the anti2a perspective, "the eagle has landed" with the introduction of the anti2a, antiAR, bill submitted last week. Also with the DNREC contempt of the Delaware supreme Court ruling on its regulations.
JimmyTJ wrote:Happy Sunday DELOC members. I've lurked here for a few years but finally joined up. I live in northern NCC and have been carrying for a few years. Never really got into OC, once or twice here and there but its never been my thing. Hopefully I can contribute a little knowledge here and there when I can, and help lend a hand in the anti-2a fight that has squarely landed in our lap here in DE.

Jim.