Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #94429  by Pearldrum

Hi. My name is Jeff. I currently reside in Bear. I don't do much for open carrying by myself, but I may do so more often, once I'm more confident and competent on state laws. I'm currently working on some 80% builds, AR and 10/22.
 #94490  by frankdawsonjr

Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks reading an soaking up all the wonderful information here. After years of not having any firearms in my house but always being a strong supporter of the second amendment and after several home invasions in my development, i decided to exercise my second amendment rights and purchased a handgun for me and my disabled wifes protection. While i would like to get a CCDW permit, the funds are not there for that right now.I strongly believe in open carry. WHile i have all the respect in the world for our police and state troopers, they are "after the fact" responders and we have to be able to protect ourselves, our Families, and our community!

FRank
 #94492  by photog

Welcome to the group Frank and Jeff! :applause:

Lots of good folks and information here... Enjoy!
 #94501  by spillanej

frankdawsonjr wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a few weeks reading an soaking up all the wonderful information here. After years of not having any firearms in my house but always being a strong supporter of the second amendment and after several home invasions in my development, i decided to exercise my second amendment rights and purchased a handgun for me and my disabled wifes protection. While i would like to get a CCDW permit, the funds are not there for that right now.I strongly believe in open carry. WHile i have all the respect in the world for our police and state troopers, they are "after the fact" responders and we have to be able to protect ourselves, our Families, and our community!

FRank
Welcome! As a note to the issue in your development... If you have an alarm system, arm it even when you are home and up and around. If you can't afford one, audible magnetic door and window alarms can help too. if you go that route, practice what to do when you hear that sound. Mastery is when you open your door forgetting to turn it off, and you surprise yourself by executing your plan even though you know you set it off.

I help my own neighbors with target hardening their home all the time. If you ever need help everyone here always has great ideas, and a few members can definitely testify to the fact that some of us will go hours out of our way to help. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that are more private. I am currently writing "The free guide to hardening targets", which I hope will help a lot of people. I'm thinking a subtitle should be; "because the neighbors hate america, make sure criminals go there." :p
 #94625  by vinnie302

Hey all,

My name is Vinnie and I was born and raised in Newark. I left for the Air Force at 18 in the year of 1999 and after 15 years I'll be returning to plant roots in July-ish.

While I currently live in California and cannot carry at all, I did carry my Glock 36 when I was stationed in Virginia for 6 years. I held a CCW in VA and also routinely carried openly without any problems (not even one question by police).

After being subjected to the horrendous and illegal gun laws of Cali I am looking forward to get back to DE and continue to fight for 2A. We CAN make a difference in DE. This state is prime for 2A push back because we still have a voice in such a small state. Whereas in Cali we are virtually unheard. We can't let the anti-gunners from MD and NJ take over. Delaware is kind of in an odd situation. We have pretty decent gun laws when compared with NJ or MD but we are surrounded by those people and they seem to be exiting their states with a quickness (especially NJ residents).

Let's keep our state as free as we can. Only WE can prevent tyranny.

Vinnie
 #94689  by Owen

vinnie302 wrote:Let's keep our state as free as we can. Only WE can prevent tyranny.
:applause: I agree!

Welcome!
 #95031  by jp901175

Hello DELOC members. My name is Joe. I live in Milford DE. I have had an interest in guns my whole life and finally took the step to purchase. I'm looking forward to learning and experiencing many new things with and about my guns. My interest is target shooting. jp
 #95101  by KeenToSetWildfires

This is Matt from Laurel looking for people to carry with this week!!! Also, can you carry a handgun under the age of 21? I own one through inheritance but thought federal law prevented people under 21 from possessing handguns? Anyway, I'll carry a long gun regardless and want to get together with some others this week to open carry.