Current events, goings-on in Delaware and anything else of interest here.
 #1571  by gbrown221

Bob:

Yes $5 extra for notary service. The state says I CAN NOT waive the fee.

I also printed out extra applications and and the one page survey that must be completed with the application. I printed about 15 applications in color at work. Let me know if we need more.

In response to your last question. Correct we all will need to get photos. I am trying to see if my portable photo printer and digital camera can do Passport size photos!!

When I got my passport renewed I went to CVS and I believe it was pretty cheap. (something like $6.99 for a sheet of passport photos.)

Greg
 #1724  by Wynder

Did someone say they were doing IHOP for breakfast before the class? If so, who and when? I'll see if I can get the wife and kids fed early and make my way out.

Also, I know I was talking to someone about this earlier -- might anyone have a .22 pistol I could borrow for a couple of weeks. My wife actually wants to learn how to shoot (huge step for those of you who've kept up on my story ;p), so I wanted to start her out on that before I put my 9mm in her hands.

We'll be doing this on Father's Day (my sister will be coming down to watch the kids for a few hours), so I'd return it anytime afterwards. I toss this out there, because we have a good number of guys going to the Utah class which would be convenient to pick up the pistol.
 #1742  by stephpd

Wynder wrote:Did someone say they were doing IHOP for breakfast before the class? If so, who and when? I'll see if I can get the wife and kids fed early and make my way out.
Radnor and I are meeting there at 7:00 am.

Hopefully I can get my relief to come in a little early Saturday. I'll be talking to him tomorrow mourning. Early Saturday and late Sunday by 1/2 hour. I'm starting 7 days of graveyard shift tonight.

If not I'll post here that I may be late. But my relief is pretty cool. Shouldn't be a problem. Either way I'll have a pot of coffee with me on the bike.
 #1753  by myopicvisionary

I'll be at Ommelanden with your brass and some bullets thrown in!
 #1754  by Wynder

stephpd wrote:
Wynder wrote:Did someone say they were doing IHOP for breakfast before the class? If so, who and when? I'll see if I can get the wife and kids fed early and make my way out.
Radnor and I are meeting there at 7:00 am.
I'll see if I can't make it -- it's going to be a damned scorcher... low-mid 90's.
 #1755  by stephpd

myopicvisionary wrote:I'll be at Ommelanden with your brass and some bullets thrown in!
If I haven't said it before I'll say it now. Thanks, greatly appreciated.
 #1767  by mustangdave

Wynder wrote:
Also, I know I was talking to someone about this earlier -- might anyone have a .22 pistol I could borrow for a couple of weeks. My wife actually wants to learn how to shoot (huge step for those of you who've kept up on my story ;p), so I wanted to start her out on that before I put my 9mm in her hands.

No pistol, but I have an old .22 single shot rifle you can barrow if you would like to.
 #1771  by Wynder

Appreciate the offer -- she does ok with rifles... she just doesn't like pistols, so I want to get her used to handling that before a larger caliber. Thanks, though! I'm just hoping I don't have to go out and pick up a pistol just for this.
 #1778  by Mr. Bruce

My wife shot my 9mm as her first pistol.... I almost had to tear it out of her hands so I could get a turn. She loved shooting it. She is definitely not a gun person either.
 #1779  by LordJim

Wynder wrote:Appreciate the offer -- she does ok with rifles... she just doesn't like pistols, so I want to get her used to handling that before a larger caliber. Thanks, though! I'm just hoping I don't have to go out and pick up a pistol just for this.
If you decide to join DSPC, or any other bullseye club, that .22 will come in mighty handy. Could end up being a dual purpose investment. Besides, with the cost of larger caliber ammunition going nowhere but up, that .22 could get a lot more action.

Since I can't afford the S&W Model 41, I'm looking to obtain a Ruger MKIII Target or Competition. They're not the cheapest, but they're supposed to be pretty damn accurate and they are easy as hell to shoot.

-
Jim