Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #101827  by cmath

I decided to run up to ommelanden this morning once the rain gave way figuring it wouldn't be too packed. Boy was I wrong! Seemed everyone else and their brother thought the same. I normally like to get there right as they open, but didn't arrive untill around noon. Over an hour wait to get to use the pistol side. Luckly, I wad able to get an open lane on the rifle side. i brought my new xd40 and my kahr cm45 with me and a few hundred rounds of each. Holy sh!t is the xd amazing! I was really blown away with how incredibly accurate it was out of the box. I do like my kahr, but man o man is my new springfield awesome. Only down side to using the rifle side is the inoperable target mounts. No biggie though, I was just happy to get some trigger time in. It would be nice if ommelanden was able to get more funding to fix their equipment and update facilities. I do like it there however.
 #101840  by viper98

cmath wrote:I decided to run up to ommelanden this morning once the rain gave way figuring it wouldn't be too packed. Boy was I wrong! Seemed everyone else and their brother thought the same. I normally like to get there right as they open, but didn't arrive untill around noon. Over an hour wait to get to use the pistol side. Luckly, I wad able to get an open lane on the rifle side. i brought my new xd40 and my kahr cm45 with me and a few hundred rounds of each. Holy sh!t is the xd amazing! I was really blown away with how incredibly accurate it was out of the box. I do like my kahr, but man o man is my new springfield awesome. Only down side to using the rifle side is the inoperable target mounts. No biggie though, I was just happy to get some trigger time in. It would be nice if ommelanden was able to get more funding to fix their equipment and update facilities. I do like it there however.

Glad it shot well...springfield makes a good product....
 #101842  by cj45lc

not much better than having a pistol that you have confidence in it going bang every time you pull the trigger & putting the bullet right where you want it, sounds like you have a good one
 #101844  by dave_in_delaware

I trusted my XD-9 service with my life, and it proved itself in the field back in November 2008.

Springfield all the way for me.