Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #103454  by Tate

Hey guys ive been lucky enough to have a private property with a range to shoot at until now, im looking for some info from anyone who may be a member at Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club, i live in Dover, but work in Seaford so it seems like a good place to join. Im wondering what the cost to join is, if they have openings, what the range is like, i know they have a 1000 yd range for rifle, but can you shoot at lets say 25/50/75/100 yards as well? Do you set up your own targets? What distances are the pistol ranges? are they set up and retrieve or automated, inside or outside? im not much of a "benchrest" shooter normally just from the shoulder with rifles, from 5-25 yards with handguns. Ive never been to a private range so im not sure what to expect. Do they allow all types of Ammo? Steel targets? Bring friends/family along? What sort of hours you are allowed to shoot, etc. Sorry for all the questions, just want to know what to expect.
 #103455  by whatevah

I've only shot there once for IDPA, but for the pistol stuff, they have several outdoor pits with sand berms between the lanes. I'd love to join there, as I think it's the best club in the area... but I can't do a 3 hour round trip drive.

From their website... A multi-purpose range that has a covered, concrete firing line with 15 benches and impact areas at 100, 200 and 300 yards.
A pistol range that has covered, concrete firing points and backstops at 25 and 50 yards. Another pistol range that is open with five shooting lanes. This range is used for IDPA style shooting, SASS (Cowboy Action) and Action Pistol.
 #103456  by John_P

Tate,

I don't know all the answers, but I've been a member for several years. The highlights --

Cost $100 entrance fee (one time only as you buy a share of stock in the company) and $75 per year dues (first year and every year after).

There are several ranges: A rifle range that you can set-up 100, 200, or 300 yards; a 600 yard rifle range and the 1,000 yard one. Also there is a 25 or 50 yard range for pistol or rifle (these are being refurbished now). There are several pistol pits with marks for 7, 10, 15, and 20 yards.
There is also an indoor range open on Fridays but I've never used it.

Yes, you set up your own targets. I don't recall any restrictions on ammo or targets except no faces on the targets (you can't shoot your 'favorite' politician).

Several times I've been there there was not another soul shooting, so you're on your own for set-up. I have taken friends and family members but the 'rule' is, if you take them more than three times, they should get their own membership. Don't think this applies to spouses or kids.

You are allowed to shoot daylight hours, but they ask that you not use the 600 yard range before 10:00 (or is it Noon) on Sundays as this range is right next to the neighbor's house. Also, when the 1,000 yard range is in use, all other ranges are closed for safety.

Hope this gives you some of the info you needed,

John
 #103480  by Lfod/Dtom

I have been wanting to join for awhile now but could never seem to get a hold of anyone, finally did and they e-mailed me an application, but you need to have a member sponsor you any one here that is a member and would be willing to sponsor me? also you must be a member of the NRA to join.