Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #17923  by myopicvisionary

24 May, 2009
The May match for the Delaware Law Enforcement Marksmanship Association. Today's match had about twenty-five competitors in attendance. I fired three relays posting scores of 442-15X, 460-22X and 461-13X out of a possible 480-48X. So far my high average is 461.33 points. I also met Tony at the range, very nice guy. I also got my plaque from last season since I couldn't attend the awards banquet. I moved up from 9th to 8th in the Governor's Twenty!
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Mon May 25, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #17932  by Tony T

Likewise, John.

That was a pretty nice event. Next time I go I'll participate.

Man, some of those old guy's can flat out shoot. The first course of fire that Mario shot dropped my jaw. :shock:

You and G both shot very well. Joe enjoyed himself. He's only been shooting about 4 times, all trips to Ommelanden. I introduced him to shooting and it was gratifying to see him out there. I haven't really been stressing accuracy to him, mostly I've just been trying to make him into a safe shooter who's comfortable with operating his gear. Now I'll spend a little more time with him talking about honing his marksmanship. That was the first time he'd ever fired outdoors or been able to rapid fire at his own pace.

Great day for it. Nice activity for a holiday weekend.
 #17934  by desteve811

Can you explain the point system? Dont know much about competitive shooting.
 #17936  by Tony T

You fire 48 rounds per relay. The targets are combat silhouettes. Each round has a maximum value of 10 points for a total of 480 possible points.

Shots that land in the X-ring are worth 10. The rest of the shots are valued by the zone they hit on the target.

John shot in 3 relays, but there were more afterwards. You can shoot in as many as you want. The objective is to maintain the highest point average all season.
 #17946  by Tony T

John, can you briefly describe the course of fire?

I guessing it was 3, 15, and 25 yds? How many rounds fired at each distance? I think the first was 6 rounds, but I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have. And how much time per segment?

/It would be cool to shoot the same competition but utilizing revolvers instead.
 #17972  by myopicvisionary

6rds, one handed at 3 yards in 8 seconds.
2x6rds, two hands at 7 yards in 20 seconds.

Score and repair targets.

2x6rds, two hands at 15 yards in 20 seconds.
3x6rds, 1st mag kneeling, 2nd mag left hand barricade, 3rd mag right hand barricade at 25 yards in 90 seconds.

Score, repair and cry.
 #17974  by Tony T

myopicvisionary wrote:Score, repair and cry.
:lol:

One handed at 3 yards, I'll work on that this weekend. /I need to buy a shot timer. Keep saying it, but damn they are expensive for what they are. Rob, VwPilot, pointed out a decent one to me. It's somewhere on my buy list. :mrgreen:

Edit: Anyone have an I-Phone? SureFire wrote a shot timer app for it and it's supposed to be free. I don't have an iphone though.

/Which just jogged my memory John. Here is the ballistics application for the I-phone and Ipod Touch that I told you about on Sunday. Imo it's pretty bad ass and makes me want to buy an iphone. :lol:

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/

It even uses the iphone's GPS to download current atmospheric conditions to tabulate ballistic conditions for your current location.
 #17979  by myopicvisionary

It would be cool to shoot the same competition but utilizing revolvers instead
We used to shoot revolvers as a rule, but the match was changed with the almost universal adoption of pistols by police departments. But stock revolvers can be fired along side semis. They are scored as a class by themselves. Personally, I used my 4" Python in the Service Revolver matches, and my 6" Python in the Distinguished Revolver matches!
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #18149  by myopicvisionary

Updated calendar

2009 DLEMA schedule for PPC Stock Auto matches:

Sat. APR 11 Seaford
Sun. MAY 24 Sudlersville
Sat. JUN 13 Seaford
Sun. JUL 19 Sudlersville
Sat. AUG 08 Seaford
Sun. SEP 20 Sudlersville
Sat. OCT 10 Seaford
 #18196  by ShakyHand

I was thinking of checking out the june event, but I don't see it on their calendar...or an address. Is dsarange the correct site?