Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #10736  by George

but we know they are
 #10745  by RangeRat

I so want to outshoot some cops. I would like to do it while dressed up like the cop from The Village People. Not that there aren't good shooting cops, but that would be pretty humiliating and demoralizing to get beat by some dude in a fruit suit. I don't think they'd be able to recover from that loss.
 #10757  by myopicvisionary

You wouldn't want to do that.
 #10782  by myopicvisionary

When I first saw that show, the first cast member I saw was the floozie blond. Ok, let's watch this! Then the guy with the shorts walked in. "My eyes, they burn!"
 #14860  by myopicvisionary

11 April, 2009
Season opener for the Delaware Law Enforcement Marksmanship Association. Open to police and civilians alike. We shoot the stock auto pistol course of fire. Forty-eight rounds on a B-27 target from 3 to 25 yards. The yearly dues are $25.00 which pays for the award banquet at the end of the year. Match relays are $15.00. We alternate monthly between the Seaford, De and Sudlersville, MD ranges. Yesterday's match was great with about twenty people competing despite the rainy weather. I fired two relays posting scores of 460-20X and 463-22X out of a possible 480-48X. So, I start the year off with a 461.5 average.
 #14888  by Boots

ShakyHand wrote:Do you have a website with more info?
http://www.dsarange.com/dlema.html
I smiled when I saw the picture of Don Knotts... :lol:
 #14889  by DragonJames

Boots wrote:
ShakyHand wrote:Do you have a website with more info?
http://www.dsarange.com/dlema.html
I smiled when I saw the picture of Don Knotts... :lol:
:pointlaugh: Mabey someone should dress up as him instead and out shoot the other cops
 #14896  by Boots

DragonJames wrote: :pointlaugh: Mabey someone should dress up as him instead and out shoot the other cops
Well, 'target shooting', and 'qualifying' are two different things, and you can be better at one than the other. So, which one would count more for a cop? ;)

IMHO, 'out-shooting' someone is no big deal. There is always going to be someone that is quicker, or faster, or just better than you. And, even if you do 'out-shoot' someone at a range, you will never know what the real results would have been when it really counted... in a true life or death situation.

Personally, I hope the cops CAN out-shoot me! As far as I'm concerned the cops and I are on the same team... It's the BGs that are on the other team!

I need to be able to shoot well, but I pray I'll never even have a need to draw my gun for protection. A cop could face more BGs in one week than I would in many years, and if he has to draw against a BG I hope he's quick and accurate. Actually, if he's quicker than me, and more accurate than me, that would be very good. 8-)