Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #105188  by FNshooter

Saturday morning I hit the range about 9am....not a whole lot of people there. Id say roughly every other station was empty. Had a great shoot...was there a good 4 hours. Don't know who the range officer was but he was on top of things and did a great job.

Rich
 #105189  by steve

I wish we had Elk neck in DE. I always have a good time there.
 #105365  by tranms

Hello, brand new member here and have a question about Elk Neck.
Background: I just finished my AR build and want to sight in my irons. Eventually looking to get a 1-6X scope by the end of the year and want to sight that too.

Issue: Elk Neck Rifle Range is in MD and with revised gun law from last year. No new AR15s & non HBAR AR15s are allowed in the state. Has anyone had issues with shooting at Elk Neck? Are there any other options close to NCC? I know Ommelanden has a 50yd rifle range.

Thanks
Mike
 #105370  by FNshooter

I bring my AR and AK every time I go....never had issue. In fact the majority of the rifles being shot there are AR and AK type rifles. Have at it!
 #105377  by whatevah

You can take them to the range, but you can't sell/transfer them to anybody within the state.
 #105402  by tranms

Thanks for the replies. That's reassuring. I'll transport it in a locked airtight container separate from a locked container of ammo in the trunk / cargo space. I also heard rules for rifles are bench shooting only, no standing. I guess I'll head to homedepot to make some target stands :D
 #105413  by hukuzatuna

That's almost exactly how I built mine, and they've held up well. Also, I've fired prone from between the benches and the RO didn't have any problem with it. I wasn't aware of the "no standing" rule.
 #105414  by hukuzatuna

whatevah wrote: Keep in mind that it can get windy there, a lot of targets get blown over!
My Kestrel and sniper data book will certainly attest to the "gets windy here" comment! ;)