Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #105331  by caederus

Hello, I am asking for some help finding a range where I can take my girlfriend. She lives in New Castle and normally we would go shooting when she would visit me. I live just W of Baltimore. However over the winter she had some health issues (blood clots in the legs and a pulmonary embolism). She still has breathing and mobility issues both of which limit what she can do a great deal.

We need a rage that would meet the following criteria:
1) Pistol range (22 LR)
2) Seating at the firing line and behind the line for cease fires. (Cant stand for long periods of time 10-15 min tops and then she would be done for the day)
3) Not dirt/uneven access (She is using a cane/walker depending on the distance)
4) Indoor with Air conditioning (Breathing issues)
5) Northern Delaware area (Issues with long car rides)

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
 #105335  by 2xTony

Target master is really nice, they have a lounge area for members too. I found some of the people working there to be dickish and their prices kind of high so i dont go there.

I hear shooters choice in dover has a nice indoor set up too
 #105336  by Owen

If you are already in New Castle check out DSPC. It's a private 25 yrd indoor range. The club house has heat/AC. The firing line has heat only but there is a lot of air flowing. On the firing line there are stools and rests to shoot with plus chairs can be set up just behind the line for cease fires. The parking lot is gravel but it has a pretty smooth hard top layer of concrete dust that should be negotiable for her.

On Fridays there is a public 22LR metallic silhouette shoot.
http://dspclub.org/public/event/silhoue ... nce_id=616

If you plan on going on a Friday PM me and can see about showing up too. :D
 #105477  by hukuzatuna

I'd second Targetmaster. When I was there yesterday, there was a shooter in a motorized wheelchair, and the staff were very accommodating and helped with holding doors, fixing targets, etc. Parking lot is asphalt and there is a handicapped ramp leading up to automatic doors. I've never run into dickish staff, but YMMV.