Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #108988  by dtm87h

So i haven't seen anyone review this place yet. It's in Avondale, where Boomers used to be. So I'll go at this in list form:

1) ITS AMAZING!
2) Clean, well kept store area and ranges
3) There's an 8 minute safety video and waiver for first timers
4) Range fee is $20 (+PA tax)
5) Lots of Ammo and its reasonably priced
6) Small target selection as of now, I did not ask if you could bring your own
7) So they have guns to rent, not a big selection but, they have a 50cal!!!
8) I brought my own gun, they don't man handle it, just look to see if it's unloaded really
9) The range is top of the line with push button controls, adjustable lighting, easy clean up
10) Range masters are friendly and helpful as are all the staffers

The only con I could find was that the bathrooms are the only part of the store not remodeled. They're small and not fat guy friendly but they work
 #108999  by dave_in_delaware

I would hope it's clean. It just opened.

I'm happy to hear the prices are reasonable. Being new, I would have expected prices to be high to get their money back sooner.

Nice review. Thanks for the info!
 #109005  by whatevah

$20 for range time is awesome considering they don't have a time limit. You can have a second person share the lane for $10. Gun rental is (I think) $10/hr and you can exchange guns during that time. You can rent multiple at once if you want ($10/hr/gun). No full-auto stuff yet, they're still waiting on their Class 3 license, but will offer rentals for those in the future. They'll also offer suppressor rentals for folks who want to try one out.

Max caliber for the range is .308 unless you get permission, as I believe only one lane is reinforced for the heavier stuff. That lane is what they use for their Barret 50BMG rental, which is a package... I think it's around $100, and includes 3 rounds (yes, 3), a t-shirt and bumper sticker.

They also have free wifi, and a Gattling .45-70 sitting in the middle of the showroom. There are a few tables and chairs scattered around so you can have a seat if you want.

Overall, I was impressed, it's about the same drive time as Target Master for me... so, I'll be going there whenever I need an indoor range.
 #109007  by MrCoolDale

I've been wanting to check them out every time I drive through the area, but I'm usually only in the area for field inspections at work and don't have much time. I should get out there with some of my stuff.
 #109159  by dave_in_delaware

So apparently, they believe the 2nd amendment (and our right to carry) only applies to concealed carry.

:banghead:
 #109165  by Owen

Are they a gun store too? Seems like all gun stores except cabela's don't like open carry. It's to bad they are anti. I wonder, do they allow drawing from a holster?
 #109166  by dave_in_delaware

Owen wrote:....I wonder, do they allow drawing from a holster?
From a liability standpoint, I doubt it.
 #109167  by whatevah

Owen wrote:Are they a gun store too? Seems like all gun stores except cabela's don't like open carry. It's to bad they are anti. I wonder, do they allow drawing from a holster?
Yes, 1/3rd of the building is the store.

I think I saw drawing from a holster listed on their range rules, but don't remember what it said.