Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #22013  by Mr.Skellington

Some days people are lined up to get in that place and they try to let everyone get their turn. It's also why they'll only sell you one hour per person at a time.
That is why I don't like omm. Its sporadically crowded and even on the days where your the only person there the 1 hr at a time rule sucks. It means I have to waste my time packing up all my gear, go over to the office to buy more time then come all the way back and re-set up my stuff :x its ridiculous and a waste of shooting time.
On a semi-unrelated note, Jason clued me in to using magic markers to mark your case heads for identification. Pretty good idea.
One thing I do is use different colored markers to identify the number of times the brass has been reloaded. One quick swipe down the side of the brass makes for easy I.D.ing.
 #22014  by MeanOperator

Ommalanden is 5 minutes from my house,but I still drive to Targetmaster to shoot.I'm all for safety,but those guys are just too anal for me.
 #22020  by L.et E.veryone O.c

DeBEAAgent wrote:Ommalanden is 5 minutes from my house,but I still drive to Targetmaster to shoot.I'm all for safety,but those guys are just too anal for me.
took the words right out my mouth. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 #22025  by dave_in_delaware

and TargetMaster isn't anal? Psssh. Come on, don't make me laugh. Between their ammo retardation (WWB loose bulk isn't allowed because it's "dirty") and dress code (no tank tops), and their elitist attitudes, I'd rather go to the DE range. TM employees get on my nerves.

I've been to Ommelanden enough times to know that there are certain RO's who are cool, and some that are asshats. But if you time your arrival properly, you won't have a bad time there at all.
 #22037  by photog

I have to agree with Tony T and Dave on this one. The more you go to Omm. and the RO's see that you are safety-minded, they really ease up a lot. I was at Omm. yesterday, the RO was sitting on the other side of the partition in a chair reading a book. The only thing he said to me as I was leaving was "did you sweep up your brass?" I said "yes", that was it.

(full disclosure) There were only 2 of us shooting on that side. 8-)
 #22041  by Jacques

If you're driving up to TargetBastards for pistol, you're wasting your time and money driving up there!

Call me and let's go look at Delaware State Pistol Club!

Me & RangeRat on an Action Pistol Night:
 #22043  by Tony T

Ken,

Do DSPC member have some form of access to the National Guard Armory Range on Rt.9?

I thought I read something about it. If so, can you detail the level of access and perhaps the rifle/pistol facilities down there?

Thanks