Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #61177  by scottese

Yes, course of fire.

Also, when you say you score and 88-1x, that is a score of 88 points with one bull?
 #61201  by jslacker

myopicvisionary wrote:January 18th, 2012

I just got an e-mail that my CMP Special M1 Garand is being shipped! I sent in the order twenty days ago. The paperwork stated that received orders normally ship in 30 to 60 days!
Very nice! How many Garands do you have now?
 #61232  by myopicvisionary

The course of fire is the JCG "A" course. Distance is normally 200 yards, but some ranges lacking the real estate fire the match at 100 yards using reduced size targets. Three strings of ten rounds each. Maximum points per string is 100 points. In the center of the "10" ring is an "X" ring used to break ties. So the maximum score per string is 100-10X and 300-30X for the match. The first string is slowfire prone in ten minutes. Second string is rapidfire prone in 80 seconds. Third string is slowfire standing without support in ten minutes.
 #61233  by myopicvisionary

My CMP M1 is in my hands! Overnight shipping for $22! So I now have two M1s. This special grade looks like it was freshly issued from Springfield Armory. A bonus is that it has a milled trigger guard as opposed to the later stamped model.
 #61236  by NormH3

Nice..I saw them on the web site today. I was considering ordering one. I have always been interested in WWII era weapons.
 #61243  by bmel17

I love my Garand. its a winchester. I'm looking for a tanker if anyone comes across one that's a true one, not a cut down
 #61245  by jslacker

As much as id like to have an AR, and some of you here know how bad I want one, I would give up 10 AR's for one M1 Garand. I remember JROTC in high school doing armed exhibition drill with Garands, best time ever. I would not suggest spinning around your live fire M1's though.
 #61255  by myopicvisionary

If you are looking for a "Tanker" T26 Garand then try Fulton Armory or Warbirds Custom.
Last edited by myopicvisionary on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #61334  by Frank

If you want to raise your scores or just have a very accurate M-1, contact gunsmith Roger Perry at gunshooter.com, he is a retired 42 year Army armourer. His national match M-1's are well made and he bends over backwards to back them up.