Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #61336  by bmel17

myopicvisionary wrote:If you are looking for a "Tanker" T26 Garand then try Fulton Armory or Warbirds Custom.
those are new production, I'm actually looking for a original one. They're getting harder to find and price is going up. Plus add that there are a ton of fakes out there. Instead of a vette, it'll be my midlife crisis gun 8-) I do like those new ones too though, thanks!
 #61337  by myopicvisionary

An original T26? They never went into production. "Tanker" is a marketing term used by those who cut down M1s. Marketed as "used by tank crews", the T26 project was actually for use in the Phillipines. The order was cancelled before implementation.
 #61349  by bmel17

myopicvisionary wrote:An original T26? They never went into production. "Tanker" is a marketing term used by those who cut down M1s. Marketed as "used by tank crews", the T26 project was actually for use in the Phillipines. The order was cancelled before implementation.
By original I didn't meant the prototype (maybe if I was Bill Gates haha), there was an remanufacture in the 50/60's as a conversion by national ordinance. Thats what I am looking for, but I thought that they made a short barrel. I didn't realize that those were cut downs as well.
 #61389  by myopicvisionary

Lots of "Tanker" Garands were made up in the 50's & 60's. Quality on a large percentage of them were highly suspect.
 #61602  by myopicvisionary

January 25th, 2012

I took the new M1 to Ommelanden. It functioned smoothly and was accurate off the sand bags. I fired a couple of ten rounds strings standing without support at 50 yards. While it will take a bit of time to get in the groove with it, it did show it's potential! I can't wait for the season to start!
 #65993  by myopicvisionary

April 29th, 2012

First match for the 2012 season at Kimberton. The new M1 really paid off as I start of this year with my highest score ever! The slowfire prone stage was my best for the day with a 92-1X!

I got a little loose in the rapidfire prone stage and pushed my group about a click to the right. Still, a 89-1X is a good score.

Even though the standing slowfire offhand position is my personal Archille's Heel, I am very happy with the 83-0X. So I start the season with a 264-2X @ 88%. Come on next month, get here!Image
 #66050  by myopicvisionary

I just got the match results in the mail. My 264-2X earned me 5th place! The overall match winner scored a 277-3X, only 13 points higher than me. Time to crank up the practice.
 #66061  by Boots

CONGRATS! :mrgreen: