Discuss the when's and where's of the next range trip.
 #54608  by jslacker

It was very bust today despite the hot temps. Not so busy to the point of waiting but I guess thats how it is on Sundays.
 #54635  by bluedog46

jslacker wrote:300 rounds today @ Omm out of the EDC G17. No hiccups since I have had the gun. Went with my brother and cousin in from California. Hot, but we had a blast literally!
Can you take a cooler of coke there? That is one thing I dont like about targetmaster is no drinks in the range. Got to love those Glocks huh?
 #54661  by jslacker

Yeah Blue, they have a little picnic table set up outside of the range entrance, I have never seen anybody with a drink inside the range but I dont think that would be an issue. I would consider packing a lunch myself if I ever would go longer than an hour. And yes Glocks are great Blue.
 #54663  by SCUBA9097

Most ranges won't allow food or drink in the shooting areas due to lead, powder residue and other particulate matter in the air. You really don't want that stuff sticking to anything you are eating or drinking.
 #58213  by jslacker

Well its been about 3 months, so I figured I would dust this thread off! Went today with one of my CO buddies, fired off 200 rounds of the Dicks 9.98 Remington ammo. As expected no malfunctions from my G17, it ran flawlessly. My skills didn't rust up as I had expected them too. I know the experts say to practice and practice often, but I haven't had any live fire practice since this summer, and did rather well today. I guess the dry fire practice really pays off!

It was fairly busy today although most were on the rifle side... I guess its still hunting season or the beginning of one, IDK I only know when I start seeing hunting supplies at the wally mart. The weather was awesome for comfortable shooting today.

EDIT: total round count out of this G17 so far is 3,650 flawless rounds.
 #65600  by jslacker

Went today expecting to run through a few boxes of 5.56 I had accquired long before I even got my rifle. Much to my surprise there were only 3 people shooting today! There was no wait so I proceed to set up and then it starts to go bad... Setting up my stuff I realized I forgot my FSP adjustment tool, there went any chance of zeroing my gun. :( The RO comes over for the ammo check and only 22 rounds passed the test.... I had one box of PMC bronze plus 2 loose rounds, and 6 boxes of the PMC xtac green tips that I couldn't shoot. What a waist of time to go shooting for 22 rounds, DOH! The gun handled well and accuracy out of the box was ok shot about an inch to an inch and a half low at 50 yrds, although I suspect that is due to me changing out the carry handle for a MBUS. I shot mostly off of the sandbags but did stand up for a few rounds and the gun handles nicely, just wish I could have shot it more. I don't think its even worth cleaning for so few rounds but probably will anyway just cause that's how i am :)

I knew I should have taken the pistol along, at least I would have filled the full 30 mins, oh well.

Total round count so far out of the Model 1: 22 flawless rounds. 11 from the supplied metal GI mag and 11 from a PMag.
 #65613  by jslacker

For sure, I am very interested in checking out Elk Neck. I need to build a stand; one that I can fit in my car.